Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
NiGHTMARE

Starwars plus Doom 3 engine = spooge

Rumour has it that Raven Software, who we all know and love for the Heretic/Hexen series and Voyager: Elite Force has picked up the rights to produce the PC version of Jedi Knight 2, after LucasArts canned it a couple of months ago.

Now we all know how well the boys at Raven get along with our favourite company ID, so could it be that this game will use the Doom 3 engine?

Lets hope so...

Yeah, that was what they were talking about.

It'd be rather awesome if the second new Doom engine game would be Jedi Knight 2 :)

FUCKING HELL YEAH

since when the hell did lucasarst can it? thats the sequal to my favorite game jedi knight. they cant do that. oh well. if raven is taking care of it im happy. why dont they just keep doing what lucasarts was? that was suposed to have the most realistic physics ever.

No, Lucasarts' Jedi Knight 2 was going to be crap.

The reason? Development primarily for the consoles, with PC being of seconary importance (i.e. ported). As you can probably guess from that fact that 99.99% of console->PC ports are crap, it would have been crap. That's why they canned it.

Isn't Jedi Knight 1 really Dark Forces 2? So this would be DF3

Anyways, the 6th map where you have to jump into that hole in the ceiling is impossible. I hate that. I really loved the game but gave up after starting 4 new games thinking I'd missed something on the way there.

NiGHTMARE said:

FF7 for PC was horrible. Extremely low res and awful control system.

yes an no it was a bit slow and the fmv's didnt work well but the res was fine, considering it was the same res on the the TV and the Psx vertion rocked... thou emulation is better

Lüt said:

Isn't Jedi Knight 1 really Dark Forces 2? So this would be DF3

Anyways, the 6th map where you have to jump into that hole in the ceiling is impossible. I hate that. I really loved the game but gave up after starting 4 new games thinking I'd missed something on the way there.

do you mean the 6th map of jedi knoght or dark forces? they were both hard. the jedi knight 6th level took me like 2 or 3 weeks until i figured it out

6th level on Jedi Knight. I get to that part which must be at the very end of the map. There's some kinda control room you gotta get into. There's a giant platform lift that goes up and down and two holes in the ceiling. For the love of God you can not jump into those if your life depended on it! I couldn't do anything. Nobody I knew could do anything. We just gave up on it. Didn't know any map warp codes unfortunately.

what? that part was easy as hell. it took me awhile to get into the building. that parts easy, your one side adn you pull the switch then you run across the lowering platform. then you pull the other switch and when th esecond platform goes up you crouch on it and walk in. jsut hurry or itll crush you