Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
elbryan42

I got an idea, music & sound wads.

What I'm thinking of doing is releasing wads with the psx music and the pc music mp3s (they sound better than on most sound cards). I have the first 3 episodes of doom done. unfortunately, wintex crashes when the wads are over 60 megs, so each episode has it's own wad. Anyways, I was thinking of putting these wads up on my site if you guys wouldn't mind downloading large files versus making the wads yourself. Also, I'll put up my console sounds wad as well. What would you have me do? Put up the wads or not?

PS. You need Zdoom version 1.23 to read these music wads.

Guest JudgeDooM

You mean that the wads with the PSX music in will replace the original PC musics and they will cycle in the same order as the PSX version? Without havin to play in a window with Winamp visible and changin music when you change level :)

yup yup yup. I'm also putting the final doom sounds in for the pc levels that aren't in the pc version.

I can only speak for myself (since I´m only one person), but I would download it if you made it and put it on your FTP.

Sounds cool, but are you sure the mp3's won't "hog" all of the sound channels? Once, none of the SFX would play since I had something running on Winamp.

Speaking of SFX, that sound conversion I made with your PSX/N64 sounds is complete, and it works great. Since they're your sounds, what should I do with it?

Guest JudgeDooM
elbryan42 said:

yup yup yup. I'm also putting the final doom sounds in for the pc levels that aren't in the pc version.

That would be too cool. You think you can make separated versions of the wad packs? I mean, one wad with only the PSX music, another with only the PSX sounds (think about those who don't like the PSX music but only the sounds :), and finally a combinated one (Music and sounds from the PSX). The same with the N64 musics. 'Cos I can't use my msDos prompt (look at the post where I explain my problems with it) to do that :(

that's the plan. i'm not sure about the doom 64 music though. some of the tracks are about 20 megs, and with 60 megs per wad, that doesn't allow me to put much tracks to one wad.

Zeratul 982 said:

Sounds cool, but are you sure the mp3's won't "hog" all of the sound channels? Once, none of the SFX would play since I had something running on Winamp.

Speaking of SFX, that sound conversion I made with your PSX/N64 sounds is complete, and it works great. Since they're your sounds, what should I do with it?

It shouldn't hog the sound channels. It sounds fine on mine (and I have a SB PCI128 = crappy), plus it plays through Zdoom, compared to seperate programs, so it shouldn't be a problem. And about the sound wad, I'm making one myself too, but I might be able to fix the spider mastermind site sound, so sit tight.

Guest JudgeDooM
elbryan42 said:

that's the plan. i'm not sure about the doom 64 music though. some of the tracks are about 20 megs, and with 60 megs per wad, that doesn't allow me to put much tracks to one wad.

Bah, if you do the PSX music wad only, it will be VERY ok :)

Guest JudgeDooM
elbryan42 said:

BTW, I've made a Counter-Stike sounds wad for Doom. If you want it, get over ICQ and I'll send it to you, so you can upload it on your site. It replaces the Pistol sound and the chaingun sound also; the shotgun; the plasma rifle and the sounds when you die. Gotta find a sound for the explosions and the SSG (I wanted to use the one of Serious Sam Test #2, unfortunately there's no sound folder). I hope I can find something for the BFG 9000 too, but it will be hard!

elbryan42 said:

It shouldn't hog the sound channels. It sounds fine on mine (and I have a SB PCI128 = crappy), plus it plays through Zdoom, compared to seperate programs, so it shouldn't be a problem. And about the sound wad, I'm making one myself too, but I might be able to fix the spider mastermind site sound, so sit tight.

Just updated the spider mastermind site sound. It's perfect now. The updated archive is on my site.

Guest JudgeDooM
JudgeDooM said:

Bah, if you do the PSX music wad only, it will be VERY ok :)

Will you do it for Doom, Doom II? Or both?

both. just finished making the .lmp files, all I have to do is make the wads.

JudgeDooM said:

Will you do it for Doom, Doom II? Or both?

Mine can be run with either Doom or Doom 2. Just put it into the directory:
doom / doom2 -file newsnds.wad (That's what is called)
Even though it contains the sounds for the arachnotron, mancubus, revenant, etc. Doom 1 will just ignore those, but the rest will work. I'm even used the motherdemon sounds for the archvile! Creepy.

how big is it? if you can upload it:

user: upload
pass: upload
max 2 users

to everyone - doom stuff only! if the upload account is abused, i will disable it or even take down the whole site. be smart about what you upload.

Guest JudgeDooM
elbryan42 said:

both. just finished making the .lmp files, all I have to do is make the wads.

Ok!! Many thanks, man! The sound wad I've made is one from Counter-Strike, I've told already what sounds it replace. They're not many, but I'll try to find some additional sound for the missing ones I want to replace. But instead of uploading it directly on your site (if then you don't like it, and there are users that upload shit, you may close this option :( I could send it to you via ICQ, so you will have a taste of it.
So get ICQ, and then post your number here.