Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
esco

Yo, elbryan42... read this bro!

Yo, I just finally got around to checkin out da psx sounds... and some of them sound a little.. odd. The spider site sound has a loud sound in da beginning of it, and it sounds like there is an imp in the background. The skeleton site sound sounds like it was cut short. Is it just me, or is there something incorrect wit them?

P.S. dat wad idea you have is basically like what I'm doing now! I am replacin' all of da music in doom 2 with different mp3's, and makin' sure that each tune is only used once! I am usin' all the doom 2 music, some doom 1, doom 64, and doom psx tunes too! I am also adjusting the volume levels so some don't sound really low, and vice versa!

The revenant sounds are right. It just has crappy sounding sounds. Plus they move at about half the speed on the psx, not as fun.

About the spider mastermind, here's the deal. The sound of the imp is part of the sound. Much like the console cyberdemon sound of him seeing you has the sound of an imp dying in it. And there is no explosion sound at the end of the spider mastermind death sound like on the pc (kinda cheap). Lastly with the spider mastermind siting sound. When you get to it in the game, the stomping sound is always playing the second it sees you. Two sounds at the same time. So I recorded the siting sound at the end of the game. Unfortunately, the sound of it is mixed in with the last part of the sound of the macubus dying. That's the slight sound you hear at the beginning. I tried to cut as much out of it as possible, but then the entire sound wouldn't be there. I can put up the sound of it stomping at the same time if you'd like.

Ay yo, did you try the "pause glitch" trick at the end of the game? If you can still pause it at the ending, you should be able to get the whole sound.

P.S. if ya can't do the pause glitch, sure go ahead and post it. I'll try and do some editing. I had the same problem with the arachnotron active sound!

Oy. That's going to be one huge wadfile. It's going to end up being more than 60-70 megs zipped!(mp3s don't compress much as they are already compressed).

Yup, try 80 megs or so kid, three seperate files!

esco said:

Ay yo, did you try the "pause glitch" trick at the end of the game? If you can still pause it at the ending, you should be able to get the whole sound.

P.S. if ya can't do the pause glitch, sure go ahead and post it. I'll try and do some editing. I had the same problem with the arachnotron active sound!

never thought of it! i'll try it, and if it works, i'll let you know.

Nice work again, gawd! You da man! As for your music wads, if you gonna play mix n' match, you gonna have to convert some of the music to wav format, change the volume, and then change it back. Prepare to be convertin' back and forth a lot, because psx, doom 64, and pc mp3's all have different volume levels! Believe me, I'm goin' through it now.

Try using winamp for mp3 to wav conversions, and musicmatch jukebox to change em back to mp3 format(there is a good reason why I listed it like this, but it's too long too explain; just trust me on dis one) ;]

P.S. to all who have the doom64 sounds, and are gonna insert the new psx ones: To make the volumes equal as the rest of the doom64 sounds, do the following

1)don't use dsmetal... it's already in there from doom 64, and it seems to sound a little better, due to the N64's superior sound (gotta love it).
2)bring up all 3 revenant sounds by 25% in sound recorder (windows), and convert to 22050 mhz, 8-bit sound
3) do the same for the spider mastermind sounds, but bring
up the dsspisit sound by 25%, 2 times, NOT ONCE!
4)insert the sounds into yo wad!
5)Most importantly... SAY "THANKS", TO ELBRYAN42 FOR ALL OF HIS AMAZING AND HARD WORK! HE DEFINATELY DESERVES HIS PROPS!

Peace out, ya'll! I'll holler back, later!