Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I havent played doom 2 wads in a couple of years and i was wondering , how do you play doom arcade? the guy was too stupid to put a readme that is of any help or use at all. It runs with zdoom, so could somebody please tell me how to make the freakin thing work?

I didnt evenn get that far, i got to the part where it keeps going to the regular doom screen then i start screaming and cussing

I finally got it to come on, but i get a bunch of signs with exclamation marks on them

and it cant read about 95% of the scripts.. so its a doom2 where no swtiches work

Oh, well that must not be it then. I can't get it to work myself, so hopefully someone else will know. There is v1.23 BETA out now though.

Odd, considering that the thread starter poses a question. :P

It says press space, but it really means 'press the use key' ;)

As for the exclamation marks problem, you probably are forgetting to load something (like a resource wad or deh patch)

According to the "about" section on the Doom Arcade website, you need to use ZDoom v1.23 beta 28 or newer. This is presumably because of things like slopes, new linedef types, ACS commands, etc that aren't present in v1.22.

You can find the latest beta's here: http://zdoom.notgod.com/ftp/

i've noticed the whole time, but i've been bugged by the world to respond (nice, man)

The exclamation marks are showing where an item has been placed in the map that Zdoom doesn't understand. This is because you are using 1.22 and DA is meant for a much later version of Zdoom. (1.23 b28 as has already been said). A whole bunch of new items have been added to Zdoom since 1.22 (which is coming up for 3 years old) and GooberMan has made extensive use of them. Unfortunately, the link to the latest version of Zdoom (1.23 b33) isn't too easy to find as it is not yet an official release version, but you can find it here.

http://zdoom.notgod.com/ftp/123beta33.zip

(Although, NiGHTMARE already told you most of that.)

As far as the press space thing not working, that is actually a problem with b33. The player start is behind some impassible lines that you "use" when you press space. This runs a script (script 6) that returns the viewpoint back to the player, and allows you to move. Unfortunately, as I said, activating it is a bit broken in b33. The easy way round this is to bring down the console and type "puke 6" to run script 6 instead. This problem will be fixed for the release version of the next Zdoom. I *think* everything else in DA works in b33.