Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest slayer1

Newdoom Is a Joke!!

Guest slayer1

Occasionally I pop into newdoom.com to update my site and see what other happenings are going on there, to my surprise they had a new wad available for download, what was this wad you ask? Well It was titled School-Doom I was outraged that a site like that had the balls to even post something of this nature, given the current happenings in our schools. I E-mail the owner of the site William Mull thinking that it was posted by one of his site admins and he had over looked it, and would remove it because of my same feelings, well to my surprise all Mr. Mull did was try to bash my site and knock my suggestions to the way side. So what I’m asking all of you to do is to Boycott newdoom.com and also if you are hosted there please if all possible remove your site, if this is not an option for you please at least take the time to E-Mail Mr. Mull and voice your opinion about this post and ask him to remove it. Every body else I would like you to take the time and E-Mail Mr. Mull voicing your frustrations about this post. It is sad to see a Doom site side with the violence we have worked so hard to remove from our schools.

To read the E-Mail I sent to Mr. Mull and his response, goto
http://slayer1.dhs.org

--slayer1

/me shrugs.

'tis between ye and he, IMO.

If I had been in WMull's place I would have rejected the wad submission. I do agree that this is a sensitive subject that requires tact in dealing with it because of the strong opinions and emotions it brings up. I condemn the wad, but I won't be a part of any sort of boycott. I just had a conversation with WMull and I do believe he is going to remove the wad from the site.

honestly i can understand that but personaly i would do something that bold only to push the buttons of the people who balme doom for school violence. this is why i think that pic was posted. it is not made to make us think about shooting our schools but to piss off those who hate the doom comunity

Oh for Gods sake, what's next? "We should ban pencils and scissors and tofu because they can be used as weapons and kill students!"

The answer to the problem is simple, make parents raise their children instead of letting Marylin Manson and Jerry Springer do it. Or even better we could burn the whole fucking world to the ground and hope things turn out better next time.

We can't have any wads that have violence either. Look at what that does to children. And for god's sake no nudity. Also no profanity <damn>.

What did I miss? Oh, yeah, no ugly textures and crummy sprites.

ive been wanting to make a zdoom wad of my school fo rthe longest time..that would kick so much as. youve just reminded me. i think ill do it. the main objective will be to kill me. yeah. shit thatll kick ass.

so who cares,personaly its a cool idea "It was titled School-Doom I was outraged that a site like that had the balls to even post something of this nature, given the current happenings in our schools"
who cares,what else is new?

stphrz said:

/me shrugs.

'tis between ye and he, IMO.

If I had been in WMull's place I would have rejected the wad submission. I do agree that this is a sensitive subject that requires tact in dealing with it because of the strong opinions and emotions it brings up. I condemn the wad, but I won't be a part of any sort of boycott. I just had a conversation with WMull and I do believe he is going to remove the wad from the site.

I can't believe Wmull gave in.... if we're going to ban that wad - might as well ban em all for cryin out loud.

You're not outraged that doom levels are still being made? We should only make school doom levels taboo? Ban only school doom levels? "You can make any level you want - but don't make levels of schools!! Don't you remember colubmine?!?"

Come on-- think about that.

Boycott?!
What are you, a hippy? :)

I'm not sure why Wmull would give that wad any light at all, prolly just wanted to piss people off who say doom is the reason that people or fat are something new I didn't hear. I once wanted to make a similar wad. I see nothing wrong with wads of this type, I really don't.

I know what you're going to tell me... but those reasons aren't good enough really... sorry! :)

I can't wait to shoot some teachers with that wad or others!
SCREW THEM!
You'll never teach me!

MWHA H AHA HAAA!!!!!!!!!

hellbent said:

I can't believe Wmull gave in.... if we're going to ban that wad - might as well ban em all for cryin out loud.

True dat! ;)
(why am I talking like this? Is it Doom? RUN!)

Hehe...

"File of the moment" ???

/me laughs uncontrollably

Looks like a cheap ripoff of Doomworld. Wait...that's cause it is!

Looks like somebody lacks originality, eh Newdoom?

I went across to Newdoom. The reason I had done so was because of all the fuss there has been on these forums recently about it. I saw the School-Doom file. I winced a little bit at the potential for someone to make an ill thought through point from it (no one here, I mean the media). Then I downloaded it, and the other School based doom that I found via the lost doom sites links on Newdoom (Hartlepool 6th form College WAD). Frankly, the levels were just funny. I especially liked the end credits actually naming the teachers in HSFC. Yes, I know that if the people who made this eventually went on to shoot up their school, a whole new, far more sinister edge would be put on this. The press would love to tell the world how the signs had been there for years in the killing obsessed doom communities. Already this WAD has potentially exposed the doom community to more critcism, but it was fun. I played it assuming that was the intention of the authors too. They have a little to say releating to school shootings in the text file too.

If you think about it, there have been a number of wad files that you could point at with the same level of outrage if you wished. Many of us have gone for the boring option of using the layout of our own houses as a level plan at some time. Doesn't mean we want armed space marines to come through the window (do we?). Town plans, shopping malls etc etc have all been used. The celebrated Trinity and St John's college wads are set on college campus grounds. If any of these places were shot up by someone these wads would all be seen as sinister if someone wanted them to be.

For most of us, playing doom in a familiar environment is a bit of fun and allows you to "blow away" someone who is bugging you without having to come anywhere near doing it. Most of the civilised, well adjusted human race would never come even remotely close to making that leap anyway. The executive punch bag toy with a colleague's name on it, or a picture on a dartboard is a common image, and a fun one. This isn't any more serious than that for most people who play it (if even that serious). The problem is one of wider public perception and press hysteria. Should we consider that when making our levels or simply raise one finger and be prepared for any fall out that may come our way? I don't know.

What's my point? Frankly, I'm not entirely sure. I know playing school doom and was a bit of a laugh. The levels were not great, but were fun.

Over and out.