Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
nightmare imp

shouldent final doom be called doom 3?

isent final doom,doom3?AND DOOM3 SHOULD BE DOOM4?
Or doom 64 be doom 4 and new doom being doom 5.Tis confusing,yah?
just like my writing,eh?
damn Canadian accent,glad i dont have,eh?
anyhow,doom roxs!

I don't even think Doom 2 should be called Doom 2. I mean, there's only a bunch of new enemies, one single weapon (and it's not even a very original one) and 32 new maps. For all I think Doom 2 should be Doom 1: Hell On Earth instead etc.

yeah,doom2 was somewhat bad in level designs.
Some were preatty good like the spirit world,but what the heck is
the circle of destruction,and downtown was a joke,so was the tennements!Final DOOM is better than doom2,better levels and so on.

I think TNT doom is way cool, but Plutonia doom is a GoDdAmN shitty version of Doom 2... It's way too hard even on the easiest skill level (I mean, newbies (not me)won't be able to take out mancubuses,revenants,chaingunners and cacoes in the first level)...

Doom : The original
Doom 2 : A continuation of the Doom 'storyline'
Final Doom : Two mission packs for Doom 2, not a sequel
Doom64 : A 64 bit remix of the original Doom

Final Doom was made by two outside production teams.
Doom64 was made by Raster under a Midway license from id.

The New Doom game will be the third game set in the Doom saga made by id. It will be the third official Doom game. Hence, we're calling it Doom 3 until the official name rolls around.

God, it's like I have to explain this every week...

ViperBoy said:

I think TNT doom is way cool, but Plutonia doom is a GoDdAmN shitty version of Doom 2... It's way too hard even on the easiest skill level (I mean, newbies (not me)won't be able to take out mancubuses,revenants,chaingunners and cacoes in the first level)...

yeah,tnt evilution is way better than the plutonia experiment.
better levels,better monster placement and not almost impossible.Ive been playing all the dooms since i got hooked onto it back in the day.I beat plutonia,but dident enjoy it as much as tnt.

deadnail said:

The New Doom game will be the third game set in the Doom saga made by id. It will be the third official Doom game. Hence, we're calling it Doom 3 until the official name rolls around.

yeah,its true.But its all the best for DOOM3 or whatever its title will be.But i agree,say,is it possible to download any of the master level wads,anywhere?

Guest kristus
deadnail said:

Final doom isn't a mission pack it.s a standalone followup. Just that it's not really considered a sequel cause ID didn't make it or something.

ViperBoy said:

Plutonia is a godamn masterpiece, and on skill one is cake, unless you're a monkey.

Also, Doom2 has great maps nightmare imp.

Since the boxes of Final Doom are already printed your sugestion is out of thinking. Simple. Final Doom was made by TNT but sold under the label id software, so id should be responsible for that piece. Thinking of abandon the making of the upcoming game? The box of Final Doom says: "This is it. The final Chapter of the Doom series". Looking at what was shown in the Doom movie it should be clear that the upcoming game is not a sequel of our beloved shooter. Not speaking that it will become a bad game, but definitely nothing like Doom/Doom2/FinalDoom. Another game.

nightmare imp said:

yeah,tnt evilution is way better than the plutonia experiment.
better levels,better monster placement and not almost impossible.Ive been playing all the dooms since i got hooked onto it back in the day.I beat plutonia,but dident enjoy it as much as tnt.

Plutonia was good, but it was way to packed with tough enemies right away. TNT was better and was graduated, but the first levels were way to similar and boring. Later on when you got into the new things like trucks, simulated moving packages, etc... it got quite fun. They both were good, I can't really decide which one a liked more...

No, Final Doom should NOT be called Doom3, mainly because Final Doom is basically a 64-level add-on for Doom2.
Hope this clears things up, though I'm sure it won't.....