• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Zeratul 982

About the TNT midis...

Now I know what you were talking about.
(Agh. They're awful!)
Fortunately, I found a wad that contains some midis from TNT. The wad is 1killtng.wad ("#1 Kill: The Next Generation" or something like that).
Play them through Wintex and some of them will sound a little better, especially map02 - "Human Barbeque." If you play that one through Winamp or something, it will sound absolutely awful. It sounds like there's only 3 working sound channels! The base and the percussion are there, but just the volume for them is turned WAY down.
Again, try to listen to some of the TNT midis that are in the above wad.

It has something to do with your soundcard. I have a SoundBlaster PCI 128 at it's the same (really good) in the game, in wintex and in Winamp

ah, if you have a pci 128 as well, can you answer me this?

why is it that i can't hear midi in the game? it says "mmsystem32 being used by another program" or something like that. it just started happening one day and hasn't worked since. i even re-installed windows, same thing. it's with every port of doom. it does, however, work without direct sound, but then the sound f**ks up, all staticy.

It's set up as 330 in my multimedia settings. Do I have to set it in Zdoom? If so, where do I set it up.

And midi seems to only screw up in Direct Sound games.

viperboy said:

It has something to do with your soundcard. I have a SoundBlaster PCI 128 at it's the same (really good) in the game, in wintex and in Winamp

I have a Crystal SoundFusion sound card. Some midis sound better through wintex than through the game or winamp for some reason. It also sounds like most of the sound channels are being wiped out, but not all of them.

Also, I don't know if every midi has this problem, but an instrument seems to screw up when the sound is "bent" downward one note. It suddenly jumps up a note higher than the original note being bent and doesn't change until bent back upward. That makes some midis sound crappy. For example, the midi used in Momento Mori 1 map 2, or any other midi that has a note that bends downward.

Uh... Do me a favor and look at part of the thread one last time will ya?

"Play them through Wintex and some of them will sound a little better, especially map02 - "Human Barbeque." If you play that one through Winamp or something, it will sound absolutely awful."

elbryan42 said:

It's set up as 330 in my multimedia settings. Do I have to set it in Zdoom? If so, where do I set it up.

And midi seems to only screw up in Direct Sound games.

I don't know about Zdoom but I know that anything that starts with Direct ... something may be the reason.... It's made by Microsoft