Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cacodemon Leade

Lets face it...

Guest Cacodemon Leade

The creators of HACX didn't want any of us to use any of their graphics, but everyone didn't listen to that rule. Nothing we or the defunct Banjo Software can do now. We will never be able to stop them from using HACX graphics, so I guess we better not anger them. Everyone has reasons to use them, even if they are modified, for example:

Stephen Browning Converted the Inhaler to a shield unit, and used the window sprites but used the Hexen window break sound.

Some dude used the HACX pistol simply because he was tired of DOOM's Pistol. The DOOM 64 pistol should have been used, cause the HACX pistol uses two bullets at a time, and the guy forgot to make it shoot two bullets at a time, cause it's stupid seeing it shoot only one bullet at a time.

The Creator of Hellstorm used HACX graphics, but only used the fist and Danny Evanger mug graphics only.

Me, on the other hand, used the Nuker Sprites to turn it to a flamethrowin, super-hazardous Blue Super-Nuker! Feel the wrath of that gun in Cacodemon Squad if you don't use it properly!

I think, the wish of the makers of HACX should be respected, not only because that TC is a very special one with its very own feeling and people could not make good use of HACXS graphics for their own projects. It would always look like a HACXS wannabie.

Also the makers of HACX should be respected for the reason that they gave it away for free (after they become aware that they could not sell it for lousy $20.00).

I played one TC "Doom must fall" that seems make use of some of HACX´s sounds. Its graphics also are a bid inspired from HJACX, but they still are of their own.

Guest Cacodemon Leade

Yeah, but that's the way life goes, and we need to move on. Maybe Banjosoft could come back to life someday and they won't be strict of their licenses. I already have much pain in the head from the guys who did the Gothic Series. We can't use any of their stuff but they used sounds and other stuff from games like Quake!