Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
dsm

Favorite Hexen (1+2) "Super" weapon

Favorite Hexen 1/2 super weapon?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Hexen 1/2 super weapon?

• Quietus (Bigassed runesword that fires 5 green fireballs)
    • Wraithverge (Crucifix that unleashes the dead on the enemy)
    • Bloodscourge (Staff that fires three tracking fireballs)
    • Lightbringer (Crucifix thingy that fires a constant beam)
    • Purifier (Staff thingy that fires a twin stream of shards)
    • Staff of Set (Staff that fires a scarab of energy)
    • Raven Staff (Staff that fires an energy blast that splits up)
    • They all suck!

I'm bored, I think I'll post a poll for the heck of it.

I know, I know, there has been posted a "favorite Hexen weapon thread" before, but this poll focuses on the "super" weapons (multipart wepons) in both Hexen games.

So, which multipart "Super" weapon is your overall favorite?
If you have more than one fav super weapon, please specify which.

My own Favorites are both from Hexen 1:

1. The Quietus - this weapon is possibly the best weapon to deal with bosses. I usually have to use a crater of might against the first Heresiarch with the other two weapons for some reason (the Wraithverge is superb against multiple enemies but quite weak against single bosses and the bloodscourge just uses up mana quicker than the Quietus). Another thing is that it's by far the coolest looking weapon of them all, but it's least effective against multiple enemies, unless you fire at a large horde from a distance so that the green balls can spread out properly.

2. Wraithverge - this weapon is just plain cool (the weapon itself looks ugly though - imo that is) and it's without doubt the most effective weapon against many enemies, but it sucks against single bosses.

I have only tried the Hexen 2 weapons in a demo, which for some odd reason had all four weapons in it, but none of them really struck me as awesome.

Hmmm...this poll seems very familiar...

Anyways, I'll have to say Wraithverge. It was the only weapon in the game that could fire through walls. That, and it just plain looked cool.

STAFF OF SET

The Hexen 2 assasin is one of the sweetest FPS characters EVAR, right next to the gibbed female skins in Unreal, Barney the Black Mesa security guard, and the Nali.

Liam the Bard said:

STAFF OF SET

The Hexen 2 assasin is one of the sweetest FPS characters EVAR, right next to the gibbed female skins in Unreal, Barney the Black Mesa security guard, and the Nali.

I hated playing as the assasin in the HeXen 2 demo - but maybe she's better in the full.

I liked da wraithverge the most, mainly because it shot out TONS of screaming wraiths, that home in on enemies, and begin to rip thru them until they literally SPLATTER from the inside out. They can also go thru some walls, to a certain extent, and although da weapon costs a good amount of mana and looks hideous by itself, it can tear apart rooms full of enemies with da greatest of ease.

As for da Quietus..... I thought it would have been much better if it actually had a close range melee attack as well.... it would have been nice to be able to use it like a regular sword up close. Those blasts it shoots are only good against groups of enemies from far away... although it DOES tear bosses apart fast.

The bloodscourge is just plain whack to me..... even though it is strong as fuck.

Da_Esco² said:

As for da Quietus..... I thought it would have been much better if it actually had a close range melee attack as well.... it would have been nice to be able to use it like a regular sword up close.

Agreed on that...to an extent.
I think it should use mana even up close, but I would have loved to see it work a little more like Timon's axe at melee range: A beautifully fleshy *whack*-sound followed by a bright, flash of green flames, and just for the effect, make the enemy's crushed remains fly in a tight arc through the air by the awesome force of the weapon >:-]

I don't like the way the sword is swung by the Fighter. He's holding in his right hand, yet he swings it to the left. That's gay-looking, IMHO.
And yes, it would have been awesome if the Quietus had a close range attack.

Zaldron said:

The katana I'm building out of a piece of steel.

Nice, but can you make sword-chucks?