Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lost Soul

Doom 64... Naming the end boss

I have owned Doom 64 since its release, but I am still baffled by a few things. Firstly.. is the name of the final boss REALLY
'The Mother Demon'? That's what I have have come to know.. but I would think that it would have a cooler sounding name than THAT! (very stubborn denial here )
And one more thing. Is Doom 3 going to take the events of this Doom into account? If so.. then maybe the next Doom will have to start in Hell? I mean, in the end of Doom 64, and I quote verbatim: " You decide to remain in hell to ensure no demon ever rises again. "

Guest M0NSTERZER0

doom 64 is kind of a disney-ish version of doom..

the lost souls look way lamer, the cacos look lamer, the soldiers
and imps look lamer, and theres way less blood and mutilated
corpses

its an all around kid gloves version of doom, but the graphics
and control are better.. and i can sit on my couch while playin
it which is a definate plus..

I hope to god doom3 has nothing to do with it tho..

the doom marine in DOOM3 looks like a dork with that helmet on,
he needs to put the freakin faceplate back down hahahah

oh, and id name the main boss of doom64 "Mother goose" instead of
mother demon...

I just LOVE mother Goose!

-Zero

Guest Cacodemon Leade
Lost Soul said:

is the name of the final boss REALLY'The Mother Demon'? That's what I have have come to know.. but I would think that it would have a cooler sounding name than THAT!

I call the final boss of DOOM 64 Armageddon!

M0NSTERZER0 said:

and theres way less blood and mutilatedcorpses its an all around kid gloves version of doom

What are you talking about? I found the corpses and mutilated bodies they do have even more blodier and well... sick. Like the pumping heart and those other still working organs... Plus the game IS rated M.

Yep. The doom64 boss is "the mother demon"
I guess its called that because it probably was the last living demon in the storyline that spawned all the others.

M0NSTERZER0 said:

doom 64 is kind of a disney-ish version of doom..the lost souls look way lamer, the cacos look lamer, the soldiersand imps look lamer, and theres way less blood and mutilatedcorpses

Yeah, what ARE you talking about? I found the mosters in Doom 64 to be MUCH more menacing in appearance than in the PC version. and there were still the mutilated corpses, and as was mentioned, some organs are just casually lying around, and are STILL WORKING. Now that was something that was't in the PC verison. But Disney ish? Umm sure. When I see a Hell Knight look ANYTHING like a saturday morning cartoon character, fine. I aslo sound the game to be a mite spookier (Read as infinitley mor terrorizing) than the likes of the oringonal. Don't get me wrong, I have to give the origonal its props. I do play it more than Doom 64, finding it to be more addicting. But for a scare fest, Doom 64 sure ain't no damn disney show.
Well I guess it is the Mother Demon.. Crud! Well I like the sound of 'Armageddon' myself! That's something better to call
him!
Oh, and the Lost Souls DO look better.

Lazer said:

What are you talking about? I found the corpses and mutilated bodies they do have even more blodier and well... sick. Like the pumping heart and those other still working organs... Plus the game IS rated M.

Isn't Armageddon the end of the world? If so, the world is already half-dead anyway so I wouldn't agree with that being a good name. Maybe Apocolypse. Nah, that's lame too. Does it really matter what it's name is though? It always reminded me of an arch-vile.

Yo, if ya'll read da previews and booklet for da game, ya'll would know dat all the monsters were regenerated by one REALLY mutated demon. That demon was an ARCH-VILE, which is called the mother demon, because it is extremely strong (yeah... right! A cyberdemon can take more hits than dat lil' bitch!), and was responsible for resurrecting the demons. That's why it also has those annoying little flames dat chuck you up into the air!

P.S. and it looks nothing like no goddamn disney shit, dat's for sure!

P.P.S. Ralphis, I warned you! Ya leaves me no choice... me and mah peeps is gonna jack yo car!

M0NSTERZER0 said:

doom 64 is kind of a disney-ish version of doom..

the lost souls look way lamer, the cacos look lamer, the soldiers
and imps look lamer, and theres way less blood and mutilated
corpses

its an all around kid gloves version of doom, but the graphics
and control are better.. and i can sit on my couch while playin
it which is a definate plus..

I hope to god doom3 has nothing to do with it tho..

the doom marine in DOOM3 looks like a dork with that helmet on,
he needs to put the freakin faceplate back down hahahah

oh, and id name the main boss of doom64 "Mother goose" instead of
mother demon...

I just LOVE mother Goose!

-Zero

Controls better? You have to use a damn N64 controller and didn't that turd run at about 5-15FPS? I think that would mess up control to a degree. It did in the SNES Doom.