Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
elbryan42

Cool screenshot... fog in doom?

On the Perforated Entrails site (http://www.newdoom.com/pentrails/)they have a screen shot you must see!

http://www.newdoom.com/pentrails/Graphics/Screenshots/MoonMining002.jpg

It has fog just like in Doom 64! I know that the Doom 64 TC is being done with edge. But just think... what's Watch Your Step without the fog?

Not to mention the I must get Perforated Entrails when it comes out! It looks awesome!

AAAWWW WOW, FOG??!?!??!?! MAN THIS IS NEW. Can they color sectors too??? Can they make slopes?

HEY GUYS LOOK. Update 1.9 for doom2 is out!!!

heh

Fog is a cool feature that has been in zdoom for as long as I can remember. Although fog used like it is in that screenshot doesn't look great to me.

I like 8 to 16 unit high fogs on the floor, real subtle and cool e.g. quake3 arena.

--> Yes a cool pics, but it's not new

. . .

Hey Stup*ds M*r*ns !!!

ZDoom had fogs since a long times !
This isn't new !!!!!

The commands are
Sector_SetFade (TAG, Red, Green, Blue);
or it can be writed in the MAPINFO lump too in another line commands i can't remember but i know it.

Sorry! I can be an idiot sometimes, can't I? Anyways, I haven't actually seen fog in a wad before, so I wouldn't know. I don't make levels, so I don't know the features.

There's fog in the Skulltag map "Area -51 Degress Celsius."
Besides Doom 64, that was the first time I saw fog in Doom on the PC.

yep fog rocks i put it in my dvctf map to make it have a light-fog look..

Vorpal said:

Fog is a cool feature that has been in zdoom for as long as I can remember. Although fog used like it is in that screenshot doesn't look great to me.

I like 8 to 16 unit high fogs on the floor, real subtle and cool e.g. quake3 arena.

I'm new to the fog scene as well so I went and downloaded inkworks. Now, jow do I make fog in one level and not all the levels in Underworld? (I'm thinking up a REALLY cool secret level.)

Ohhh.... Ok. I forgot about that and I was wondering what it was called. It is one of my favorites! Now about my question above. How do I make it so that only certain levels in my wad have fog while the others don't?

elbryan42 said:

Sorry! I can be an idiot sometimes, can't I? Anyways, I haven't actually seen fog in a wad before, so I wouldn't know. I don't make levels, so I don't know the features.

Ho well sorry elbryan42 !

I didn't really want to said to anyone that are idiots.

I'm apologies (sorry if the words is wrong)

Lazer said:

Ohhh.... Ok. I forgot about that and I was wondering what it was called. It is one of my favorites! Now about my question above. How do I make it so that only certain levels in my wad have fog while the others don't?

Uh...No idea.

But I would like to find out how to add fog in levels, period.
I think it has to do with a console command, right? Kind of like what X-DOOM said up above? But I need like an example of how to add fog using the "Sector_SetFade" command he stated.

Lazer said:

I'm new to the fog scene as well so I went and downloaded inkworks. Now, jow do I make fog in one level and not all the levels in Underworld? (I'm thinking up a REALLY cool secret level.)

Inkworks indeed is a very little but mighty prgramm.

Yo, I've seen fog before... and last I checked wasn't it white, NOT brown? Nice effect bit since when is fog brownish, ya'll!

Zeratul 982 said:

Uh...No idea.

But I would like to find out how to add fog in levels, period.
I think it has to do with a console command, right? Kind of like what X-DOOM said up above? But I need like an example of how to add fog using the "Sector_SetFade" command he stated.

Zeratul:

One way to do it is to edit your level in native ZDooM mode. In other words, build your map with ZDooM features. The Sector_SetFade feature is one that allows you to assign fog to specific sectors in the map.

Lazer:

Using ZDoom you can not only have fog only in specific levels, you can even have it only in specific sectors. For example, say you want fog only outdoors and not indoors. Assign sector tag(s) to the outdoors sectors in which you want the fog, and in the OPEN SCRIPT have a statement as follows:

Sector_SetFade(tag,R,G,B)

where R, G, and B are the red, green, and blue values -- to get white fog use 200, 200, 200 for better lit areas and say, 128, 128, 128 for foggy areas in shadow.

Someone made a comment about the brown fog looking odd. Actually, in a mining colony underground, the dust would make the fog look brown.

Guest JudgeDooM
X-DOOM said:

--> Yes a cool pics, but it's not new

. . .

Hey Stup*ds M*r*ns !!!

ZDoom had fogs since a long times !
This isn't new !!!!!

The commands are
Sector_SetFade (TAG, Red, Green, Blue);
or it can be writed in the MAPINFO lump too in another line commands i can't remember but i know it.

Eh mon pote! Tu vien plus sur ICQ ou koi?

Bien sûr que je suis toujours sur ICQ mais je suis invisible la plupart du temps. Je te met visible si tu le souhaites. J'ai beaucoup de travail en se moment. Les études doivent passer avant presque toutes choses. Une chance que je peux "chatter" un peu sinon je deviendrais fou. Mais sur l'heure du dîner entre les cours je me fais des parties en réseau à Unreal Tournament avec 6 joueur assez malades que je déclasse assez vite. Je suis fais pour les shooters. :) MDR
À + mon cher JudgeDoom