Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
elbryan42

isn't it stupid?

isn't it stupid that people would rather reply to stuff like "How do I stop smelling my feet" and attack everyone else compared to actually help people here and have intelligent conversations? I ask for people to comment on the mp3s and my site and no one says anything! how am i supposed to make my site better? how do i know if you don't like it or if you do? you know, this being a "community" would actually mean communicating and helping people out. Out of all of the posts that I've seen in the past few days, barely any of the replies have actually been about doom.

there's my rant. thank you.

Yeah, tell me about it.
It seems that there's no one interested in my wads at all.
People would rather talk about eating their feet than to try out something new.

Speaking of which, I'm finally continuing to work on the 16th map on my wad...and like anybody cares.

You two should make a wad with feet in it and some mp3's, then you will get the attention you crave :)

yep that be some frickin weird wad. hmm the imps be feet and maby the barron of hell be a foot with athlets foot. and maby the demon could be those new shoes that have thos springs in them.

See? They are getting responses already and havn't constructed the wad yet :) Isn't life grand?

fodders said:

You two should make a wad with feet in it and some mp3's, then you will get the attention you crave :)

By the way, how do you put mp3's into wads? Elbryan42 has already done that, but I can't find the thread that described how. All I remember is something about changing the mp3's to lmps and putting them in the wad that way, and then changing them to mods or something.
Hey elbryan! Help..??

Zeratul 982 said:

By the way, how do you put mp3's into wads

It's no good asking me, I am crap at wads, I just gave you the idea, now go do it :)

fodders said:

See? They are getting responses already and havn't constructed the wad yet :) Isn't life grand?

I agree it is strange. Sure, I replied to that eating my feat message, but I rather play wads, mainly with new things in them. Right now I'm working on Mordeth. (beating it)

Zeratul 982 said:

By the way, how do you put mp3's into wads? Elbryan42 has already done that, but I can't find the thread that described how. All I remember is something about changing the mp3's to lmps and putting them in the wad that way, and then changing them to mods or something.
Hey elbryan! Help..??

here's what you do:

1) change the mp3 extension to .lmp
2) in wintex, make a new wad, edit it
3) in the select menu click lumps
4) in the edit menu, click load from file (or something like that)
5) select colormap, and load the file
6) in the guru only menu, click rename entry
7) name it the song you want:
-d_e#m# for doom 1 (you can't set episode 4, it just uses
tracks from other levels)
-for doom 2 the tracks are actual names (like d_runnin,
d_stalks, d_shawn, d_dark, etc). If you open the doom 2
wad, and select music, the tracks are in the order of
the levels.
8) wintex crashes for wad files over 60 megs, watch out! (the wad will be the same size as the mp3s)

That's all!

What's strange? A lot of people here have talked Doom for the year the forums have been open. It's time to start getting to know eachother in different ways. General discussion is allowed.

yes. i agree. but we can't just ignore when someone talks about doom. i see more replies for other stuff when people want to talk about doom, or would like info on doom. sure there are replies, but not as much as there should be, in my opinion.

Yeah, I feels ya all da way, bro! Most peeps around here don't seem to give a shit about something, UNLESS they are gonna get some kind of reward out of it, or some shit! You done some serious work up in dis piece, and you have been more generous than most of da peeps in this damn "community!" I've gone through da same shit myself... when I released my 2 music wads, it took me forever to upload them. I don't even want to talk about how much work went into making them music files perfect!

And I won't even talk about da sounds wad, no one even seemed to give a shit about it! But it's all good... da more peeps act like little hatin' ingrates, da less stuff they is gonna get from me!!! If people don't appreciate what you done so far, let them kiss yo ass, and just do what makes ya happy! Don't let da haters bring ya down! And dat's MY little rant!!

i agree with you totally. so far this month people have downloaded 17 gigs, and other than the people who contribute, no one says anything. actually about 4 people emailed me to thank me, and i thank you for that.

and for the time i put into that music, perfecting it, it took me months to get it sounding perfectly, on top of that, i spent 2 weeks ripping it non-stop once it was perfected.

not to mention 1/4 of my hd is devoted to this server.

by the way, once again, great work to everyone who contributed. especially esco, who started this whole file downloading/uploading thing. much has changed since he sent those sound out over email over a 56k...

Guest Aradiel

If you guys want people to play your WADs, post up URLs. I'd love to play some WADs, but I don't know where to get them.

elbryan42 said:

here's what you do:

1) change the mp3 extension to .lmp
2) in wintex, make a new wad, edit it
3) in the select menu click lumps
4) in the edit menu, click load from file (or something like that)
5) select colormap, and load the file
6) in the guru only menu, click rename entry
7) name it the song you want:
-d_e#m# for doom 1 (you can't set episode 4, it just uses
tracks from other levels)
-for doom 2 the tracks are actual names (like d_runnin,
d_stalks, d_shawn, d_dark, etc). If you open the doom 2
wad, and select music, the tracks are in the order of
the levels.
8) wintex crashes for wad files over 60 megs, watch out! (the wad will be the same size as the mp3s)

That's all!

DeePsea very easy too,

1. Name the MP3 something like D_RUNNIN.MP3
2. In DeePsea, hit F7 and click the import button
3. Click open target file and select a wad to put the mp3 into or type in a new name to create a totally new file.
4. Click add files and select the MP3
5. click save.

If you don't want to rename your mp3 files, the renaming of the lumps can be done within the DeePsea import routine, or after importing using the DeePsea rename lumps function.

No problems with size, I imported almost 400 MB in one go. It took a minute or two, but the wad works just fine.

Importing is not limited in the sharware version so you can easily try this feature B4 you register.