Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lost Soul

PSX Final Doom... all there?

I know this is like my third new post in a short time.. but I just realized a small detail about this console port that is driving me CRAZY!! I have gone thru this game on the hardest difficulty setting (only Ultra-Violence... sadly, nightmare wasn;t included.. but back to the point! ) When you beat the game, you get to see the cast of monsters, as well as yourself, press a button to see them die, but I see a Spider Mastermind in that cast.. but I have never found him in the actual game! Now I bought this secondhand, so I didn't get an instruction book, or case, or anything like that that would tell me the monsters in the game.. so is there one actually in the game? If so.. WHERE THE HELL IS HE HIDING HIS 4-LEGGED ASS!?

Here's something else:
The Baron of Hell and the Mancubus in PSX Final Doom are extremely rare and can only be found on the "ultra-violence" difficulty.
The Baron of Hell is only seen in the map "Human Barbeque" and the Mancubus is only seen in "Nessus." The Spider Mastermind isn't in PSX Final Doom. I already tried to find it once. The Baron of Hell and the Mancubus were the only ones that I found.

PSX Final Doom pisses me off. They could've brought over at least 75% of the levels, compared to under half. The first PSX doom is 59 levels, the majority of doom 1 and 2. Final doom (and master levels) is a total of about 85 levels. And PSX final doom is only 30 levels! and no secret levels. Not to mention some of the enemies barely make an appearance! Even if they're in the PC levels, they were taken out. and there is no spider mastermind. they just took the ending from the first psx doom and slapped it in psx final doom. they didn't even redo the cd tracks (except for the endgame track with no speach). for some reason the music for club doom is there and the level isn't even in psx final doom.

Other than the master levels being in an episode (which I did for the pc anyways) and the new music (which i ripped), psx final doom has absolutely no redeeming quality whatsoever.

If anyone is looking for it, don't bother. Spend your effort looking in bargain bins for the PC versions. Or better yet, get id Anthology.

well there are a few new music tracks in there,i cant recall,but a few were only in the master levels,prehaps geryon and a few other levels,but im not sure,im gonna check em out later.

elbryan42 said:

I totally agree with you. I bought the PSX Final Doom for 2 reasons. 1) I collect ANYTHING Doom. 2)I was told so Much about the other PSX one being so damn good, I thought this one would be on Par with it. My error in judgement was amazing that day!
Music for 'Club Doom'? Is that the Psychotic techo tunes ( I think Track 6) if you slam this thing into a CD player? I never played the PSX origonal Doom, so I don't know. I'd like to find a copy...

if you can get the psx version doom, it would be worth the effort. with the ps2 out, all of the rental stores will be selling most of their psx games, if they haven't already. psx doom, in my opinion, is one of the best dooms, period. sure it has it's cons (no arch vile, no large heights or pits, hacked doom 1 levels, slow revenant), but the pros (awesome control, awesome music, awesome sound, colored lighting, nightmare demon, both doom 1 and 2, great ultra violence, etc) easily make it one of the best psx games ever made. right next to castlevania: sotn and metal gear solid.