• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Insomniak

Doom Squared Part 11

Doom Squared Part 11

AFTER-ACTION REPORT:

...the hallway was dark and brown, carved out of the ground. The glass celing high above us was shattered, and the huge, cracked shards of glass that remained up there made unusual shadows on the floor. There were four halls here. The one we came out of led back to the fuel pumps, another led over to the abandoned concrete security checkpoint. There were two large doors on the ends of the hall, and we decided to each take one. I took the one marked "Barracks", while Alex took the one marked "Assembely Hall"

It was dark here, and everwhere I looked were former marines, now brainwashed by this hellish zombie curse from Hell. I took out the chaingun and held down the trigger. I had killed so many of them, and by now I had stopped feeling sorry for shooting them. I just kept telling myself the same thing, over and over...

"They're already dead"

About 30 feet away from me, there was a yellow keycard resting on one of the bunks. I took it and looked around. I must have killed over a hundred men here, most of them privates, probably coming straight off the reserve bases to set up a perimiter around the starport. I got up, and went over to the next bunk to look for ammo. Something zinged past my shoulder and activated some sort of door in front of me, a storage room most likely. I turned quickly and blasted the undead solider square in the chest. His shotgun dropped to the floor, and he fell face first onto the corpse of another. I turned my attention back to the open door. I could smell the now familiar reek of what was around the corner...

Demons

Six of them, I wasted no time in blasting them with my double barrel shotgun. They must have been guarding something valuable, an i turned the next corner. Off in the corner, next to a wall with pictures of Barons of Hell carved in, was a backpack full of ammo.

The baron-wall opened like a door, but when i walked through to get back into the barracks, it turned out to be a teleporter. According to my automap, I was on the otherside of the base, In some sort of crawlspace only a few feet high. In front of me was a box of bullets, and behind me was a invincibility sphere. To the left was another little hall, probably part of some air vent. I looked around the corner and quickly turned back.

A cyberdemon. Oh god, not another one of these. I cringed, thinking about the one back on Deimos, and the one back in Italy. How could this abomination of technology get in here? I knew what I had to do. I grabbed my BFG and checked the power display. It read 600, so it was fully charged. I turned off the safety and then looked over at the invincibility sphere. It's mean, red eyed face looked at me, shrinking and growing, almost mocking my mortality. I swung at it, and it's green surface exploded all over me, blinding my vision white. I took the BFG and jumped out of the air vent, yelling some sort of battle cry...

Alex saw the whole thing. Me, my body glowing with white, and my eyes, according to him, were golden, like a demons. The remains of the cyberdemon were strewn across the floor. Bits of metal and bone sunk deep into the walls. I grabbed the power cells along the wall, and we went down the stairs. Alex had the blue key, and I had the yellow.

The yellow door opened, and we quickly walked throught the line seperators. The exit room was small, and had a little red button as the exit. Alex pushed it, and we felt the room start to move down. The door we came in suddenly opened, and in front of us was the teleporter to the spaceport. This fight was almost over...

Alex saw the whole thing. Me, my body glowing with white, and my eyes, according to him, were golden, like a demons.

How can Alex see that? The Doomguy is wearing his helmet, so you can't see his eyes.
Other than that, I have nothing to say really - it was a decent avarage story.

dsm said:

How can Alex see that? The Doomguy is wearing his helmet, so you can't see his eyes.

[/b]

If you look realy close at the helmets of dead players, you can see their eyes.

Other than that, I have nothing to say really - it was a decent avarage story.