Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Epistax

Where did my post go?

Guest Epistax

I made a post on here today... then replied to it myself. A few hours later I checked to see if anyone else had input and the post no longer existed. Is there a favorability towards certain posts I was not aware of?
Here's the post (sorta) again. Let's see if it vanishes again.

[Snipped: another plea for warez. Last warning for this guy, and everyone else, too. - red. Mordeth]

Guest Aradiel

It's cause All Your Posts Are Belong to Us. :)

You're not supposed to ask for stuff you have to buy here. They don't believe you that your disks have gone bad or that you lost them even if it's true.

Guest Epistax

So let me ask you these. After ID publicly releases their EXE source as PUBLIC DOMAIN, how long until we can expect the same justice to a wad file? Which is not executable, not a picture, no a text document, not a sound? Internet copyright laws don't cover miscellaneous DATA file's. I'm a programmer; I've tried.

So first it would be cool if you could copyright them because then you can require that even if they own the data file they can't alter them and therefore get an instant court summons for hacking (not most EULA's don't make that restriction).

Second, the doom2 wad really should be publicly released (officially ailablef for download). I mean, geez. The only profit left from it would be people transfering on ebay- seriously.

OOhh I almost ranted. I could tell you how my right arm hurts or my left knee cap itches... but I'll pass that to another post in another msgboard.

Guest ZarcyB

Think about all the information in the Doom2 wad - textures (made by id), sounds (made by id), music (made by Bobby Prince), levels (made by id). I'm pretty sure id don't want to give their handiwork away for free (the source code is a different matter altogether because they wanted to see what people did with it).

If you want the Doom wad, go buy it, and for fucks sake stop asking for it here.

Guest Epistax

If you actually READ the messsage to begin with you'd figure out I already had the game, and the problem was getting it from one computer to another. Most people don't get up in arms against that. If I had asked for a good program to send the files from one computer to another, there'd be no opposition.

I do not like warez sites. They are almost as satan spawn as microsoft, and they make prices higher-- the same way microsoft does. Yes this message is now anti microsoft. Damn gates. Die.

Thank you

ps, I didn't see anyone go ballistic (icbm style) when the gameboy doom was up and people said "i gotta get the rom!".

I don't want trouble- just be practical.