Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ViperBoy

A little off-topic

I've been searching all over on the internet for a program that allows me to capture what happens on my monitor (regular one attached to my pc - not one atached to a video recorder or anything) and save it to an .avi file or a similar file format.

I downloaded tons of capture programs but none could do this

Have you tried pushing the button "print screen" when whatever you are trying to capture happens? I do that to take screenshots. Then just paste it into any graphic program and you can save it.

Guest Dream Destroyer

Such programs do exist, but they are slow.. I dunno.. www.softseek.com has some.

I guess this will not help you much, but we Mac users in fact have such a programm that let us capture every screen activity as Quicktime movies and in various graphic formats. It allows also to capture all sounds and music. It is called "Snapz Pro", made by "Ambrosia Software". This application is very fast.

Lazer said:

Have you tried pushing the button "print screen" when whatever you are trying to capture happens? I do that to take screenshots. Then just paste it into any graphic program and you can save it.

.avi is a video file format. He wants to record what is happening on his screen like a movie. Not take screen shots.