Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sharessa

*ripoff*

Sounds like a BritPunk group. They've been around since '87, which means its either a coincidence, or id ripped them off.

This sample song makes them sound like typical screamer punk. Nothing really worth my while.

I guess I'll take this opportunity to announce that the only relevant punk album is Cooked On Phonics by Punky Brüster (Devin Townsend). kthxbye.

I love the message, theme and idea of most punk-rock, but i hate the music itself. the excact REVERSE is true for me with hiphop.

The chili peppers are an example of a band w/ punk methadology and music nothing like punk - at least modern albums.

fodders said:

Bastards have stolen Toke's Doom logo, the one I stole for my web page...evidence

heh i remember that

Punk by itself is OK, but that punk-pop-rock stuff is hideous (Sum 41, etc.).

Punk by itself is OK, but that punk-pop-rock stuff is hideous

You got that the wrong way round... ;)

The eternal question: What is Punk? What is not Punk? At what conditions does a Punk song/group cease to be Punk?

I doubt we'll have this eternal question figured out before the Original Punk Himself returns to Earth.

(Have I contracted Random capitalization Syndrome? Damn. ;)

The original punks are still here. Or at least the people who made the original punk albums are, i.e. the Sex Pistols and that other band who's singer was the Sex Pistol's roadie for a bit but whose name I forget.

Tool is so fucking horrible I barely even consider them listenable nowadays. The only compliment I can give to Tool is that they're better than Razed in Black.

deadnail said:

Tool is so fucking horrible I barely even consider them listenable nowadays. The only compliment I can give to Tool is that they're better than Razed in Black.

Well, I was only stating my opinion. I'm the only motherfucker that likes Tool, or at least it seems that way...

Unfortunately, I have a brother who has three tool albums and keeps at least two of them in his stereo at any one time :@. ugh, It drives me freakin MAD. I HATE IT! Yet I'm forced to listen to it everyday as the fool always plays it at at least house shaking level!!!!!!!

Smokebox said:

Well, I was only stating my opinion. I'm the only motherfucker that likes Tool, or at least it seems that way...

Well, your not alone, m8. I like TOOL as well.

To all the people diss other's taste in music, grow up, you lamers! And take special note of my sig!

You don't hear me saying "such-and-such are shit!" do you?

How a human being thats not deaf does not enjoy tool is beyond me

Xian said:

How a human being thats not deaf does not enjoy tool is beyond me

I heard the deaf ones enjoy it more

Tool. IMO a bit overrated, yet 'Ænima' rawks. And
A Perfect Circle is also good. On the punky side of the
debate: TURBONEGRO!! (from Norway)

Psyonisis said:

TOOL is awesome...

True. I have every one of their CD's.

screw you all

Uhmm... I dunno if it's really a good idea to say that.

Liam the Bard said:

Music thread!

If you wanted it moved you should have voted YES in #zdoom when I opened the 10 seconds of voting on whether to move this thread.

Kat and someone else made it 0-2 to the NOs. Now you must suffer.

MORAL: All it takes for evil music threads to triumph is for good Bards to do nothing :P

but that punk-pop-rock stuff is hideous (Sum 41, etc.)

And on behalf of all of Canada I'd like to say "We're so sorry for sending you Sum41 and Nickleback."

2. TOOL rocks, unless you like your music cookie-cutter-ific. They also have some of the coolest videos ever made.

3. Punk is dead, MTV killed it.

MTV only killed the pop-punk. Good riddance.
Now, watch as they drive the final nail into
the coffin of nu-'metal'.. Oh, joy!!