Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
elbryan42

like descent music?

I will be putting up all of the tracks for Descent II (same ones for the PSX game Descent Maximum) as well as the tracks for PSX Descent. All I have to do is the endgame music.

If you never played PSX Descent, get it! It has the redbook audio, colored lighting, and videos. So it's kinda Descent 1.5. Since mouse control sucks for Descent 1 on the PC, the PSX version is the best! If you configure the controller correctly, it controls much smoother than the PC. The music is a mix of remade PC midis as well as some new tracks, just like PSX Duke3D. There are also longer versions of 2 of the Descent 2 songs!

Descent Maximum is also awesome. It has better levels than Descent 2 (in my opinion). The only drawback is it doesn't have the awesome mouse control of the PC, or the hi-res graphics. Still damn awesome though!

One last thing. If I can't get the video from PSX Descent, would you all like mp3s of the sounds? The voice of the Material Defender is just as cool and sarcastic as Descent 2 and 3.

Well, that's it for now. And as always, let me know what you all think!

Descent is great! I used to make new robots for it! I had made a bunch of levels too, but I never released them... I'd listen to some when you put them up!

Arioch said:

Fantastic. I'm only missing tracks 8 and 9 from the Descent 1 CD.

was there a version of descent for the pc with redbook and movies? that would be cool.

Dude, the music from Decent II rocked, especially the music for the credits! I used to have that game on a burned CD...damn thing dissapeared though...PoS.

While you're at it, record the music from the Descent II trailer (if you have the trailer, that is).

That's the best song in the world. Really.

Guest Nuno Correia
Arioch said:

I don't think so. PC Descent 2 had redbook, but not 1.

Actually I believe there was a re-release CD version of Descent with Redbook Audio. Not sure though.

And yes, the music from the D2 trailer rocked ass.

Guest Point
Zeratul 982 said:

Lazer, look in "Stone demo updated" post...

FYI, one of the tracks on the game CD is a remix version of Type O Negative's "Haunted." You may want to check it out. As for the rest of the music, it's great stuff. I also like Mechwarrior II's music. Once my MD player is fixed, I'll put songs from both onto custom disks.