Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest mwlin

Is Anyone Good Enough?

Guest mwlin

FINALLY...A DOOM (NOT HEXEN) QUESTION!!!

Can anyone here beat Episode 4 of Doom I using the NIGHTMARE skill level?

Because I've never known of anyone who can do this - anyone using the first skill level to beat World 4 is a Doom master.

I have beaten Episode 4 using the THIRD skill level WITHOUT CHEATING. It was EXTREMELY hard, and I had to reload my game about a hundred times in the entire episode, but I managed to do it. And I beat the final boss (spider) with 175% health!

Guest PFCRon

I don't see how "Nightmare" on ANY episode is possible!!!!!!! I even try runnin as fast as I can, but those enemies can run like lightning and shoot like there was no tomorrow!!!!!!! So, in a sense, I answer your question in a big fat NEGATIVE!!!!!!

Hehehe. Some links for you, poor man. First, i'll note that all compet-n demos are single take runs, there's no saving and reloading involved, and you aren't allowed to die at all. Can't pause either...but alt-tab takes care of that one =)

episode 4 in Nightmare, with all possible secrets, in 11 mins 39 secs (by Vincent Catalaa): ftp://195.38.227.185/pub/compet-n/doom/movie/e4ns1139.zip . This episode was first completed in a single recorded run on Nightmare by Adam Hegyi, that demo is ftp://195.38.227.185/pub/compet-n/doom/movie/e4nm1143.zip . Also possibly of interest is my run of the same episode on skill 4, Ultra-Violence, in 5:01 (e4m1-e4m7 time, e4m8 time is excluded under compet-n rules, though the map must be completed), which is ftp://195.38.227.185/pub/compet-n/doom/movie/ep4-0501.zip . Other nightmare demos: episode 1 on nightmare in 8:50, by Anders Johnsen: ftp://195.38.227.185/pub/compet-n/doom/movie/e1nm0850.zip . episode 2 on nightmare, in 5:53, by Vincent Catalaa -ftp://195.38.227.185/pub/compet-n/doom/movie/e2nm0553.zip . episode 3 on nightmare, in 4:18, by Adam Hegyi -ftp://195.38.227.185/pub/compet-n/doom/movie/e3nm-418.zip . And the greatest NM demo of all, all 32 levels of Doom2 on nightmare, with no pausing, saving or dying, in 37 minutes 38 seconds, by Henning Skogsto - ftp://195.38.227.185/pub/compet-n/doom2/movie/30nm3738.zip .

Impossible? I think *not*. =)

Guest mwlin
PFCRon said:

I don't see how "Nightmare" on ANY episode is possible!!!!!!! I even try runnin as fast as I can, but those enemies can run like lightning and shoot like there was no tomorrow!!!!!!! So, in a sense, I answer your question in a big fat NEGATIVE!!!!!!

I believe it IS possible to do that, however to do it without dying once or reloading, you guys are doom addicts with no life at all.

Guest ZarcyB

People with no life at all include people who spam message boards asking for warez constantly.

well i beat doom on nightmare twice,it was almost impossible,but possible.i never beat the fourth episode on nightmare,i should try later today.

mwlin said:

I believe it IS possible to do that, however to do it without dying once or reloading, you guys are doom addicts with no life at all.

OK...you ask if anyone can finish Doom EP4 on Nightmare. I say yes, two people have, and provide a link. And then you write back and say they must be doom addicts with no life whatsoever. If all you were going to do was insult the people who've done it, why did you even bother asking? Jeez, what a dumbass.

Guest JelloBiafra
ZarcyB said:

People with no life at all include people who spam message boards asking for warez constantly.

I really don't like nightmare all that much, too much running, not enough shooting. I tried Doom 2 on nightmare not too long ago, got to about level 3 or 4. I'll stick with Ultra Violence thank you, but I do respect anyone who can clear doom on Nightmare, that's pretty damn hard if I do say so myself.