Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
loser

New Idea

Well, maybe it was done before and it's not so new. Anyway, like rocket jumping, we could have "ArchVile jumping". If you jump while being burned by the ArchVile, you can jump up a ledge that is 128 units high. That would be an interesting twist in a new level... (Maybe give the player a megasphere before.)

already done. in tnt, i think the prison level, there's a secret that you can only get by letting an archvile hit you. it's a megasphere on top of some boxes with a red pentagram in the center. anyone remember this?

If you don't want to have jump in a sourceport simply don't use it (or take the source and remove the jump code). Yes, it's that easy.

Peter Heinemann said:

Yes, jumping should removed from all ports. Rabbits should jump, Doomers not.

Absolutely :)

Heh - I made a level using your exact idea a while ago. You started in a room with a fence around you. outside the fence were about 40 archviles all attacking you. You had a invuln sphere to start out with and what you had to do was get propelled up about 800 stories (literally). It was at least 8,000 units. It usually took about 30 seconds for you to reach that height. But the tricky part was keeping yourself lined up with the opening at the top. Cause if you missed after the first or second time, you usually ran out of invuln and quickly become toast. Let me know if you want the wad and I'll dig it up for you.

Sure, I'd be glad to see it. You can post the link here, or email your wad to me at wadedit@marchmail.com