Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

the newbie problem

well i see it as a good sign because it means doom is still popular. even when i dont like many of the stupid things they say and do, like the fuckmordeth thing we saw over a week ago. it does insure that doom goes on. i will say there has been a lack of interesting topics here but i hope that does not keep up. remeber we were all newbies at one point and most of us did similar stupid things too. i will atmit that most have left sence i joined over a year ago. only few people are here that were when i joined. i joined long before newdoom was out. i remeber when it came out and many people went to it but quickly left newdoom. doomworld is the best place for anything doom, but newdoom has alot of maps too

The problem with newbies is that you often don't just get one come along at once, you get ten. The other problem is that, most of the time, they don't know how to behave themselves.

It's also kind of weird, when you're used to getting replies just from certain people, suddenly getting a whole load of strangers commenting on what you write. I'm not saying that's bad, not at all.

NiGHTMARE said:

It's also kind of weird, when you're used to getting replies just from certain people, suddenly getting a whole load of strangers commenting on what you write. I'm not saying that's bad, not at all.

God that is so elitist.

Guest pickle_hammer
NiGHTMARE said:

The problem with newbies is that you often don't just get one come along at once, you get ten. The other problem is that, most of the time, they don't know how to behave themselves.It's also kind

I'm glad you haven't seen my posts back a year or so ago...
People think I'm a newbie now, but that's cuz I have held back my posting for a while...
PS Esco you suck

NiGHTMARE said:

The problem with newbies is that you often don't just get one come along at once, you get ten. The other problem is that, most of the time, they don't know how to behave themselves.

Biggest problems...

Their spelling often sucks.

Their grammar often sucks.

They often distort their spelling and/or their grammar with l33t-isms or dey talk like da esco mon.

They raise the same fucking boring questions which are really more like noise pollution than any semblance of a conversation after the 100th time.. WHAT'S THE BEST WAD EVER? BEST TC EVER? I'VE NEVER DONE A TC BEFORE AND I CAN'T USE AN EDITOR AND I DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE EDITING FORUMS BUT COME AND JOIN MY PROJECT11111!!!!! WHAT'S THE BEST DOOM PORT!?!$1?!

Guest deathwarrior

you couldn't say it any better. It's exactly correct. However, i dont agree with the ghetto talk though.

Linguica said:

God that is so elitist.

No, it's just called "living in the past". Also, did I not say that it isn't bad?