Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMBoy

Question from DooMBoy

Hey, I was just wondering-can you install Doom/Ultimate Doom WADs for shareware Doom? I am asking this becasue my cousin came over yesterday to my house and took Final, Ultimate and regular Doom with him, and now all I have is shareware.

Technically you can use wads in shareware version if they don't use registered only textures, enemies, weapons, etcn. And seeing as that includes Lost Souls and Cacodemons, and how much us level designers love them, that's quite rare.

Legally, however, it's a different matter, as it's actually illegal to use add-ons with the shareware version.

I may be wrong here, but I believe the -file parameter for adding pwads has been disabled in the v1.9 Doom shareware.

it is possible to do this. but id soft didnt like poeple doing this. and some editors only allow you to only load the regestered doom.wad or doom2.wad not doom1.wad. but if you really whanted to spend some time making a level for doom1 shareware with a very limited textures and enemys and no plasma or bfg. go ahead and do that

Stphrz said:

I may be wrong here, but I believe the -file parameter for adding pwads has been disabled in the v1.9 Doom shareware.

I think it was disabled before that version.