Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
elbryan42

just played stone strategem

well, i finally got time to play it today (shows how hectic my life is huh?). and i must say WOW. the levels have the flavor of doom 64 without the annoying controller. never played levels that fun for a while.

hey zeratul, ever thought of porting the levels over? i know there's a doom 64 tc already being made, but i'm not sure if it'll have the same levels or not. the doom 64 levels are awesome. we have the music and the sounds so far. and since there's only a few levels with true 3d (i think only final outpost & terror core) just some creative level editing and it could be done. unfortunately i don't know anything about levels. as for the graphics, they're not really a must. except for the hi-res, i prefer the pc graphics. (not to mention the better marine & shotgun sprites suck ass).

...Huh? What do you mean "port the levels over?" It sounds interesting, but I'm not sure what you're headed toward here.

P.S.: It's "Stone Stratagems"

porting over the doom 64 levels. it seems you have the concept down. that room in map11 that's just like the absolution and the fortress levels have that doom 64 flavor. haven't fought that many enemies in a doom map for a while. what a rush!

Oh I think I get it. Import Doom 64 levels on here, right? I know I can't get the rom for it. I'd be in big trouble. Maybe that's not what you mean... Help me out here.

P.S.: If you look in the text file, it says that part of Map11 - "The Barrier" was an inspiration from "The Absolution." About the fortress levels, I said on there that they do have a eerie mood. What levels do they resemble?

what i mean is to make the levels from doom 64 to work with zdoom or something. from scratch or otherwise (kinda like the redemption denied wad from psx doom). you did a good job of that absolution thing. and since you have lots of inspiration from doom 64, i was wondering if you were going to make the levels for the computer. i know it's impossible to make them exact, but pretty close at least.

as for what the fortress levels resemble, they resemble altar of pain, and dark citadel.

I may be retarded, but I can't find that WAD anywhere on your FTP. Unless it's in the Zeratul 982 directory under WADs, which brings up some sort of server error resulting in "page cannot be displayed". That's probably where it is, isn't it?