Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hackerboy

Question

Guest Hackerboy

Iam making a doom website, and was wondreing how you make a single image have 5 links or something, like the doom pic, d, goes to download, o to ordr ect
could anyone help me

Make each letter a seperate image, then set them up side by side and create the links.
I think there was a better way, but I forgot how.

Guest Hackerboy

theres a way by using the altributes, 652,145, but i dont know how or what program to use :) :evil

Image maps.

Different programs add those different ways. If you're using a text-based editor... good luck getting the coordinates right, you'll need it.

Guest Hackerboy

what program do i use that
has image maps

The program I use to make imagemaps with is simply called Map32 or imagemap32. Try to search for it.

The program should explain itself wh you use it. You "draw" the areas that will be links then you decide where the link will go.
It´s as simple as that.
Good luck.

Guest fraggle`
Hackerboy said:

theres a way by using the altributes, 652,145, but i dont know how or what program to use :) :evil

just learn html. its a lot simpler than messing around with stupid "wysiwyg" editors

Hackerboy said:

what program do i use that
has image maps

I think every HTML editor has an image maps setup in it somewhere. I only have one that I could figure out (WebExpress) so if you have that I can tell you. If not, you're best off trying to find a homepage or support forum for whatever editor it is you use and ask somebody there. Sometimes they also have help files, but who would ever use those anyways.