Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cop999

North Amercian & European Servers Discussion

Guest Cop999

Do you folks play Test(e) server or Western European server frequently? or the servers such as Darth_Doom2s'? Maybe some of you who live in Europe can help me to understand about this problem.

If you have a good modem such as DSL or cable in America or Canada, you have a pretty good or an okay ping in those servers in cs, but when you have 56k, sometimes it would be very crappy. If you live in Europe and you are in your own server, you probably receive 28 or 57 ping. But why would soem people even they have cable or dsl, and host servers up in America or Canada, there's some permanent freezes or temporary freezes, which i mean the server seems it's locked, or the person freezes for seconds and you would hear some kind of strange scream sounds.

Does this happen to the people who live in Europe too? If it doesn't , why would this be? Is this because european computer connections are much stable than N.Americans'?

could be the servise there using being crap. and csdoom can be very laggy at times , even for cable. i get lag even when i play on a cable server and IM CABLE....people dont use zdeamon that much and i dont know y its a great improvement over csdoom

Cop999 said:

or the person freezes for seconds and you would hear some kind of strange scream sounds.

It's lag and the scream you hear is the sound generated when person dies, yeh you hear it about a minute after you killed him if lag is bad :(

Geography fact: Canada is in America. So when you said Canada and America it should be Canada and the USA.

SaGa said:

could be the servise there using being crap. and csdoom can be very laggy at times , even for cable. i get lag even when i play on a cable server and IM CABLE....people dont use zdeamon that much and i dont know y its a great improvement over csdoom

I think csdoom is better on dialup for some reason

Guest Cop999
elbryan42 said:

Geography fact: Canada is in America. So when you said Canada and America it should be Canada and the USA.

Hey, man, for your geographical information:

Canada and USA are 2 different countries, you don't say Canada is in USA(America), check on the map for assuring your answer

america is comprised of north, central, and south america. it's just ignorance that people call the united states of america just america. on a map the country isn't called "america" but the "usa". it's giving united states people a bit too much credit don't you think? that's always pissed me off. that and the us is the only country on the planet that doesn't use the metric system yet. well there's my rants. had to get that off my chest.