Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest PoorRichard

Newbie question of the day.

Guest PoorRichard

I am having fun playing zdoomgl over my lan (haha I have a wife who likes to play coop zDoomGL :-) ) but I would like to hook up with other players over the net to play. But how? Someone here pointed me to csdoom and I have that installed so I can join servers very easily...but I want to use zdoomGL.exe when I play and you can't do that with csdoom, yes? So how do I find other zdoom players?
thanks

Guest PoorRichard

So you are saying that I can use zdoomgl.exe to play on a csdoom server that shows up in csdLauncher?? How do I tell csdLauncher to use zdoomgl.exe?
tia

PoorRichard said:

> So you are saying that I can use zdoomgl.exe to play on a >csdoom server that shows up in csdLauncher?? How do I tell >csdLauncher to use zdoomgl.exe?

No, he's saying you CANNOT do that. Commonly used files to play against other people over the Internet are csDoom, ZDaemon and Doomserv. Info, links... you can find it all at http://www.doomworld.com/files/internet.shtml .

Hope this helps,

Guest PoorRichard

Thanks.

Mordeth said:

No, he's saying you CANNOT do that. Commonly used files to play against other people over the Internet are csDoom, ZDaemon and Doomserv. Info, links... you can find it all at http://www.doomworld.com/files/internet.shtml .

Hope this helps,

What I was saying was, no matter what you use, csdoom zdaemon etc, ALL those use ZDoom, the only program I know that uses zdoomgl is doomserv, that has option to set zdoomgl games

Guest PoorRichard
PoorRichard said:

Thanks.

Thanks for the info. My problem now is that Doomserv will not let me create a profile and log-in...
I keep getting a run-time error about my connection state or something (I have cable tho; I was connected to the net). The docs said an error would occur if I was using a name already in use...but I tried all sorts of random names to no avail.