Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Little Faith

Rammstein

I've just been to the Rammstein concert on Roskilde Festival and I can assure you it's true:

Till Lindemann does have the same bodily build as the Doomguy.

I was supposed to see Rammstein at last years POA tour. They, however, did not show up to the concert :( i got over it tho, because slipknot kicks way more ass then they do :D, and they headlined.

gatewatcher said:

because slipknot kicks way more ass then they do :D, and they headlined.

I really don't like Slipknot. Not my cup of tea. I'm not into this 'Nu-Metal' stuff of nowadays. I'll stick with Tool, Nine Inch Nails, and KMFDM.

Tool has some distinctly Numetalish stuff though. Ticks & Leeches, Ænema anyone?

Liam the Bard said:

Tool has some distinctly Numetalish stuff though. Ticks & Leeches, Ænema anyone?

True, but I can tolerate that. Besides, Tool makes it sound so much better than, say, Slipknot or Mudvayne.

Slipnot, Mudvayne, Korn, they all have one thing in common...they SUCK! That's craps not real music!! Any idiot can scream into a microphone.

Doom II Guy said:

Slipnot, Mudvayne, Korn, they all have one thing in common...they SUCK! That's craps not real music!! Any idiot can scream into a microphone.

For once I agree. Tool are a little better, I can listen to their stuff.

deadnail sent me some of the new Korn MP3s, they weren't half bad. If they keep improving at the rate they have the last 3 albums, their next one ought to be listenable all the way through.

Has anyone else seen the video to Rammstein's 'Mutter' yet? I was in tears by the end - excellent stuff.

I can't say that i don't like any of the aforementioned bands. Problem is, a lot of people are hearing the odd song by a new band, stamping 'nu-metal' on it's forehead and throwing it in the corner. Linkin Park is a good example. (cue LP flaming posts)

Spike said:

Has anyone else seen the video to Rammstein's 'Mutter' yet? I was in tears by the end - excellent stuff.

Hilariously bad or just sad?

Spike said:

i think thats the one about like snow white in a coal mine?

anyway, slipknot isn't just screaming into the microphone. but i am not going to argue that. you see, unless you realy like them you probaly can't see past that steroetype so why bother trying.

i like tool, but i can't see them cuz they sold out my local show in like an hour. and again thats why i like the ozzfest europe better cuz the bands are better than the US ones.

Lüt said:

deadnail sent me some of the new Korn MP3s, they weren't half bad. If they keep improving at the rate they have the last 3 albums, their next one ought to be listenable all the way through.

Korn's ok. Personally their newest album is the best.

Smoke, could you trim that sig down a bit? Maybe get rid of some of the unneeded newlines? Thx.

IMJack said:

Smoke, could you trim that sig down a bit? Maybe get rid of some of the unneeded newlines? Thx.

DON'T WORRY I'LL DO IT FOR HIM.

Smokebox said:

Heh. I dunno, yours isn't as long as mine was. So I guess yours is ok.

Actually Smokebox, I counted yours and it was 9 lines long...and fodders is 10!

Doom II Guy said:

Oh, really? I never paid any attention. I just read the sigs. Math was never my best subject anyways :)

Doom II Guy said:

But mine does have a Doom imagery, utilised by Bahdko btw :) It has always summoned up a feeling of what I think a Doomer should be

My thing is: length vs relevance. fod's sig poem is long, but somewhat relevant. Smokebox's chat log, not so much.

For example, this thread has lost all relevance.

Smokebox said:

I really don't like Slipknot. Not my cup of tea. I'm not into this 'Nu-Metal' stuff of nowadays. I'll stick with Tool, Nine Inch Nails, and KMFDM.

oh god, not another one :-P, Spike's gonna love you, he made me search for 6hours to find Ultra by KMFDM! Rammstein are cool! we ar eusing one of their songs on our wad!

Vampirajay said:

oh god, not another one :-P, Spike's gonna love you, he made me search for 6hours to find Ultra by KMFDM! Rammstein are cool! we ar eusing one of their songs on our wad!

My favorite tune in that wad - I love how it makes me feel like a bloodthirsty animal in a killing spree (very fitting that the track is called "Tier" which means "animals" or just "animal") :-)
Yeah, Rammstein is cool (especially because I can get some practice in listening to German through the lyrics).

I like Staind.
Aaron Lewis has an awesome voice for singing. Most of Staind's songs are really depressing to listen, i.e. "Epiphany", or "Waste".
However, the music is also really good, too, I love listening to them on gloomy days, when the sky is overcast and shadows fill the house.