Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Rubilacxe

What exactly AM I???

Mon 2 Oct 2000 15:35

Thats the time i registered for this forum. Now, what would you call me as far as my "ranking" in this forum. Am I a newbie, a veteran, or what?

What exactally are the "steps" from Newbie to whatever?

Just act normal and don't post stupid and annyoing posts. As stated before newbie seems to be a term that replaces the word moron. The only problem though is that it is supposed to mean exactly what it sounds like "new". So really anyone who has been with Doom for a long time is a veteran. And when I say long time I mean more than a year.

Guest Liam the Bard

You know, I don't think the term "newbie" even refers to how long you've been here as much as it does how stupid your posts are. Like lazer said, newbie has just began to mean moron or lamer. Just don't post anything real idiotic (which I really don't mind, some people are just tight wads and can't see humor in some things) and you'll be able to think of yourself as whatever you want.

I used to have that annoying habbit,but I smartend up.I dont post idiotic things hardly,Ia dident even do that in the first place.
Dosent matter what you are here,newbie or not,except to some people(s)its like the end of the world,but not anymore,things calmed down around here.
As long as your not like that fuckmordeth or something,than welcome on in.

Lazer said:

Just act normal and don't post stupid and annyoing posts. As stated before newbie seems to be a term that replaces the word moron. The only problem though is that it is supposed to mean exactly what it sounds like "new". So really anyone who has been with Doom for a long time is a veteran. And when I say long time I mean more than a year.

Well, i've been with Doom since the shareware version and i've visted Doomworld for about 3 years. I just registered last year

I've been on Doomworld only since January, and no one has ever called me a newbie (except Macvillewhore who was calling all the new people that back then). This is probably because I write (semi)intelligent posts.

P.S. I think that we call them newbies because of this fact: about 100 people join every month (just estimating) about 2 of these people are actually intellegent posters. The rest are all morons, annoying, ignorant, or any combonation of the three. Most of these people leave after a couple posts. About 5 of the 'newbies' actually stay a while (rarely more than 3 months). That's why we call em newbies...cause most only stay a couple minutes and leave. So the entire time they are here, they are new. The 2 who join who are respectable usually become the 'respected elders'. Just a theory based on observations, though.

Guest deathwarrior

no-one called me newbie. not one person (except DoomBoy, but he's dumb). I've only been around here since January, but if the forums were up in early-1999 (the time i first discovered doomworld), i would of definitely registered then.

Guest Point
Rubilacxe said:

Well, i've been with Doom since the shareware version and i've visted Doomworld for about 3 years. I just registered last year

I am a newbie by time standards. However, I believe true newbies define themselves through their idiocy, whether intentional or not.

nightmare imp said:

I used to have that annoying habbit,but I smartend up.I dont post idiotic things hardly,Ia dident even do that in the first place.
Dosent matter what you are here,newbie or not,except to some people(s)its like the end of the world,but not anymore,things calmed down around here.
As long as your not like that fuckmordeth or something,than welcome on in.

You don't post idiotic things, but you DO forget: spaces after commas, catastophes (whoops, apostrophes), and normal spelling. How about running your posts through a spell checker before you post?

Guest Doom4Ever
Point said:

I am a newbie by time standards. However, I believe true newbies define themselves through their idiocy, whether intentional or not.

now i am just asking here but should a person who has been with doom since the very beginings be called a newbie just because he is stupid? shouldent he be called an idiot instead? but i am just asking.

Guest kristus

Yeah what these guys said pretty much sums it up.

There's newbies: WHERE CAEN IE GEAT DOOWM3???? DO YOO NEAD DOOM2 TO PLEY IF? (parody version, I actually fooled a newbie who joined #doom that doom3 would require Doom2 to run. That was pretty cool, i laughed atleast. ;)

then there's Morons: Shut up you stupid ass. I know I'm right I've played doom 7 years, I .... etc etc

then Doomers: ;) anyone that stay long enough and don't try to piss off everyone.

and then there's "veterans" (not really an official term) like: Marc Pullen, Colin Phipps. Etc etc

If you act like you had something behind your forehead you will be treated like it.

That's how I see it though. IF you were to grade the member of the community. (Wich I'm not ;)

Guest deathwarrior
Ebola said:

There's newbies: WHERE CAEN IE GEAT DOOWM3???? DO YOO NEAD DOOM2 TO PLEY IF? (parody version, I actually fooled a newbie who joined #doom that doom3 would require Doom2 to run. That was pretty cool, i

hah, i remember that perfectly. in fact, here's the true story...

<deathwarrior> aayen; do you have doom2?
<Aayen> yes why
<Ebola> You'll need Doom2 to play doom 3
<Aayen> cool