Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
fodders

I lost my hack file :(

Trying to kill bios of a person that's been harrasing me, I used an ftp to upload the dreaded hm14.zip, as you know this file opens itself in 14 days and fries their Bios, thing is, it's not recorded as having uploaded to his site, damned if I know where it's gone :(

Not funny. Not funny at all. What if it was really a hack file, huh? What are trying to do anyway? Scare me away and make sure I'll never return?
Besides, it kind of looks like a spam message you'd see on instant message programs such as ICQ or something:
Example:

"ALERT: There is a deadly file named "filename.exe" that will totally fry your CPU within 60 hours of upload. The file will automatically dissipate if you send this message to 100 people on your contact list within the time above."

Of course they're pretty original, but you're about 12 days too late.

Zeratul 982 said:

Not funny. Not funny at all. What if it was really a hack file, huh? What are trying to do anyway? Scare me away and make sure I'll never return?
Besides, it kind of looks like a spam message you'd see on instant message programs such as ICQ or something:
Example:

"ALERT: There is a deadly file named "filename.exe" that will totally fry your CPU within 60 hours of upload. The file will automatically dissipate if you send this message to 100 people on your contact list within the time above."

Of course they're pretty original, but you're about 12 days too late.

:)
Just seeing your post prompted me to do this one, obviously I had nothing to do with the file on your server, doubt if it's anything serious

huh? that hm14.zip is the zip for transformers headmasters episode 14. i was using that huge file (100 megs) to test out zeratul's account to see if it's working properly. but i deleted it after i uploaded it.

i'm confused. i missed something. i see no post talking about hm14.zip.

I hate to say this, but he got me there for a sec. :)
Anyway, I looked at the file and it's not 100 MB big. It's a dead file (0 bytes). What's up?

fodders said:

:)
Just seeing your post prompted me to do this one, obviously I had nothing to do with the file on your server, doubt if it's anything serious

??? how the fuck is a file going to fry the BIOS bios is rom(read only memory) explain to me how the hell anying besides a hardware error could fry the BIOS, i have seen viruses that destroy the boot sector and force u to reformat or run fdisk. i have never seen or heard of a virus that harms any hardware

Zeratul 982 said:

I hate to say this, but he got me there for a sec. :)
Anyway, I looked at the file and it's not 100 MB big. It's a dead file (0 bytes). What's up?

I must've been in the middle of uploading it. It won't show how big it is until the connection is closed.

most new motherboards have flash-bios, where it can be changed. but i don't think you can change bios thru windows, you have to boot up on a bootdisk to change it.

Au contrare moin froind (mixing languages heh). That's easy to get around. There are windows viruses that can damage your bios. I believe they work by nailing you when you reset or turn your computer off then on again. Or something.

sephiroth said:

??? how the fuck is a file going to fry the BIOS bios is rom(read only memory) explain to me how the hell anying besides a hardware error could fry the BIOS, i have seen viruses that destroy the boot sector and force u to reformat or run fdisk. i have never seen or heard of a virus that harms any hardware

Before this gets out of hand, let me explain, Zeratul 982, had an earlier topic, below this one (now deleted) saying he found a file named hm14.zip, 0 bytes, he was asking how it got there, so I posted this new topic, can we all now accept it was just a joke, sheesh :)