• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest fragg

a spy in your PC......

Guest fragg

Check out the Register News-story.
The new game "Black & White" is doing more, than just playing the game for you.
After you install it, a little "spy" inside the game begins sending info about you and your PC back to the company that made the game.
Nice, huh?
A ton of gamers are all ticked off about it, are complaining in forums and to game Company. The game Company is stonewalling.
fragg

It's a good thing I only play vintage games (except for Quake 3, Serious Sam, Resident Evil, & the new ID games). I don't even pay attention to these new fangled games. Black & White. Another strategy game. Big deal.

elbryan42 said:

It's a good thing I only play vintage games (except for Quake 3, Serious Sam, Resident Evil, & the new ID games). I don't even pay attention to these new fangled games. Black & White. Another strategy game. Big deal.

LOL, I only play vintage games too, but I don't have a choice. My computer is decent, but I have no 3d graphics card and so any new game runs like crap on my computer. Same goes for all the 3d-md2-opengl fancy smancy Doom sourceports. Oh well, someday, when these new games are vintage games, maybe I will be able to play them.

elbryan42 said:

You really haven't played it if you can say it's "just another strategy game".

Trust me, it isn't. Well, it IS a strategy game, but it's perhaps the best one ever made.

That's not surprising anymore. What's surprising is when programs don't have that. As long as it's not pulling passwords and other software info from the registry I really don't care.

Guest pickle_hammer
Davidoom said:

I just played Deus Ex...I really don't like it.

fnord ex