Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Darkwing

Doom movie info

Guest Darkwing

Does anyone have any news on the Doom movie? if so please post some, I'm dying to hear what those nuts came up with now

Guest MilkMan X

I heard they stopped the production awile back.. But I could be wrong

there indeed were plans for a movie and some money was spent trying to start production but it was cancelled.

danarchist said:

I think the movie itself is just a rumor, so theres not much your're going to find out.

That's old....they ain't doing one :(

MilkMan X said:

I heard they stopped the production awile back.. But I could be wrong

Dude! You stole my pic! Damn you!

They are making the movie, it's just going to be awhile (may even co-incide with the release of doom3)

I hope they do it right:
Seeing as doom is a game that is very unrealistic, they would have to compensate for this. Flynn Taggart is human, and by such principals cannot withstand 10 bullet hits or two shotgun blasts. Flynn cannot run 50mph like he does in the game and cannot do pistol-level damage with his fists (and berserk would only make him able to hit more times, not hitting very much harder). Cacodemons shouldn't take 2 rockets to kill or 6-7 shotgun blasts (more like 2-3 shotgun blasts and 1 rocket turns it into a hot pile of sparking goo). I do however agree that Imps do have appropriate abilties in the game, seeing as they have superhuman toughness and strength I think they should be able to take a shotgun blast easily, but not two. I feel that the bull-demons should have about roughly the same toughness as the imps, but bite instead of scratch and throw fireballs.

I have an idea for the plot, since the plot would need to be changed as well:
A Marine squad is sent to the fray. They fight bravely but under heavy fire and flanked from multiple directions they take heavy casualties before they are able to find cover. We get to watch as some chick in the group gets slaughtered and one of the guys gets dragged off and nobody can do anything about it (he comes back later on, his name is "Neal").

There would be some "passing the time" points in the movie, ie, like the squad is huddled in some room making plans or something.

Near the end of the movie, before they reach the cyberdemon (main badass), they meet up with the former comrade that got dragged off so long ago. He's not a zombie, but worse - a brainwashed marine. He makes his introduction by walking in on the squad, says "Hi, how ya doin'", and shoots Flynn in the shoulder <fight insues, and our former marine nearly kills the rest of the squad but flynn ends up killing him in the fight>. Some of the soldiers end up dead because (we will call the guy who got dragged off "Neal") Neal blew holes in them with his double-barrel before they reacted to him (Neal ends up in melee combat with flynn, who's left arm is useless at the time, and Flynn kills him).

They fight the cyberdemon, and only flynn gets away. They get ambushed and it leaves only flynn and some other guy alive, then the other guy winds up getting killed by the cybie - prolly by being beat to death by our mechanized friend. Seeing the top-secret BFG laying in the corner, Flynn drags it to aiming position right before the cybie gets to fire a rocket. Weither or not we should see a look of surprise on the cybie's face before the bfg blast shatters him I cannot decide (for realism purposes he should die with one shot, dunno if we should see him come back to life one last time).

The imps should look very detailed and mostly dirty, I don't want to see them with any blank patches of brown skin on them (like have lots of little pieces of dirt or weeds or in general "dirtyness" on them). Maybe some spikes on their back. A similar type of arrangement for the demons too.

Cacodemons should definatly not be red!

Imp fireballs should set someone on fire as though by gasoline, should appear as a flaming ball of light, should be effected by gravity, and explode like a molotov cocktail on impact. Imps need to be extremely vicious - like an wild animal. I don't want to see hardly any intelligence coming from them like sitting in one spot and thinking or inventing some kind of trap (like falling from the cieling or anything).