Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
elbryan42

Need your feedback about the ftp.

Though no-one has said anything, the amount of people downloading toons and the music shows how popular the site has become. I would love to keep catering to the Doom Community, putting up your wads, toons etc. But there's one small problem: hard drive space.

Since ftp.cdrom.com is back up, what I'm thinking is that I might take the backup off the site. At least until I upgrade my pooter. I'll still have the files to put up at a later date though. So tell me what you think. Should I keep the backup up? Should I put more toons up? What do you think of the toons?

I see lots of downloading and no feedback! I do thank all of the people that have been giving. And giving alot. I would like to know what you all think. This isn't my site, it's everybody's site. Suggestions? Complaints? Contributions? Anything?

PS. Zeratul, I've just played your first level (forlorn) and I must say you have come a long way since then. The level has some nice areas, but it doesn't compare to Stone Strategems. Your levels are the best I've played in a VERY LONG time. And I've played a long time. I love the levels as much as Asdoom (in case anyone hasn't figured out, that's my fave) and the first 10 sectors wad. So everyone who hasn't tried Stone Strategems, try it now! Unbelievable that he made this with just DCK. Awesome atmosphere.

Guest deathwarrior

keep the backup up... when are you getting a upgrade?

I don't look at the toons. I usually attempt to download some mp3s or wavs. I got zdoom from the ftp too.

About double S, what's wrong with DCK? It's like you make it sound like it's one of the worst editors out there or something. Nothing, nevermind... Maybe it is. Anyway, DCK wasn't the only thing I used. I had a little help with Wintex as well. I used only DCK and ZenNode to build the levels, and for changing the music and graphics I used Wintex.

I didn't mean there was anything wrong with DCK. What I mean it's that you have done some cool things with just the Doom engine itself without any of the enhancements of Zdoom, Boom, or Edge. Now that's genius. It was a compliment by the way.

Just think of the things you can do with Zdoom, or edge.

deathwarrior said:

keep the backup up... when are you getting a upgrade?

in a month or two.

elbryan42 said:

I didn't mean there was anything wrong with DCK. What I mean it's that you have done some cool things with just the Doom engine itself without any of the enhancements of Zdoom, Boom, or Edge. Now that's genius. It was a compliment by the way.

Just think of the things you can do with Zdoom, or edge.

The only tricks that I remember making were the classic ones like the monster teleportation and that floor raise/lower trick. You mean there are more?
Probably the "coolest" tricks I know that I made were on Marble Fortress. The big round room in which there is a donut-shaped hall that changes into a huge pool full of cacodemons, or the room after that which looks dull at first but then stairs, a switch, and 2 chaingun troopers...sergeants...soldiers...or whatever what they're called suddenly appear.

You should toss da backup gawd, it's just wastin' yo valuable space. And I would download some 'toons but I have a 56k modem, and it sucks dick, BIG TIME!!!

Guest ZarcyB

You should keep the backup. After all, who knows where your ftp could lead you next ;)

esco said:

You should toss da backup gawd, it's just wastin' yo valuable space. And I would download some 'toons but I have a 56k modem, and it sucks dick, BIG TIME!!!

Ditto