Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest baronkiller

deepsea/dehacked help

Guest baronkiller

how do you put dehacked files into a pwad and make them work? I used the f7 menu in deepsea and i put my dehacked files and i played the wad and it didnt work! what to do, what to do!!!!

Here's what I do with New Wad Tools. In an existing pwad: Insert a new blank entry named dehacked. Import raw and enter the deh patch filename. Or to create a new pwad, go to some empty entry with no data in it such as the header of a level's data like the specific entry map01. Import raw to pwad and enter the patch. Open the pwad and rename the entry to dehacked.

Did you import it into your file as a lump called DEHACKED?

I haven't had any problems using deepsea to import dehacked files (and I have done loads) so that's the only thing I can think of.

The easy way is to call your deh file DEHACKED.DEH. If it is, DeePsea will automatically insert it in your file as a lump called DEHACKED. Alternatively, you can call the file what you like, but you must rename the lump to DEHACKED, either in the import dialogue, or after importing using the Ren/ins/del/move dialogue (also on the F7 menu).

Once you have done that, load the WAD with the normal -file parameter. There is no need for any other parameters. Zdoom reads the lump called DEHACKED from the wad and installs the patch automatically.