Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Syntaxerror

Disable vertical mouse-movement in Doom2 ?

Guest Syntaxerror

Does anyone know if there´s a way to disable vertical mouse-movements in Doom - with the original exe-files, not a different port ?? I don´t wanna use the mouse for moving forward/backward, but I dunno how. My second problem is a autorun feature ? Do the original exe-files have such a feature ?
I hope someone can help me with my newbie questions.

I think somewhere in set-up you can choose what controls to play with.Either just the keyboard,keyboard and mouse etc blah.

I dunno about autorun though.

Guest Syntaxerror

I don´t mean the control settings. I want to use the mouse for turning in the game, but not for moving forward/backwards. In setup I can only activate the full mouse (horizontal+vertical) or no mouse at all.

I don't think so. If you could I definitely wouldn't have been playing doom 2 with the keyboard back then.

Edit Default.cfg, edit line joyb_speed to read joyb_speed 31
that sets autorun, the vert sens is controlled by your mouse driver msmouse etc it's that long since I ran Doom in dos I forget how to disable it tho :(

Hey thanks Grandpa, that'll come in handy when I'm playing through Deathkings of the Dark Citadel again! =)

Syntaxerror said:

I don´t mean the control settings. I want to use the mouse for turning in the game, but not for moving forward/backwards. In setup I can only activate the full mouse (horizontal+vertical) or no mouse at all.

Sure you can. If your using doom2.exe in a win95/98 then it runs in a dos window.. So you can use a program Like mouspeed.com, novert, or some other tsr program to turn off vertical sensitivty. You just need to run the program, like mouspeed, right before doom2.exe in the same dos window. I'm sure you can find any of these programs by doing a search.

Now another problem you may come across is mouse acceleration.. I only know of one way to disable the mouse accel for a dos program running in window environment... which is removing the msmouse.vxd from the 386enh section of your system.ini, but leave the mouse=*vmouse... of course, if mouse accel isnt a problem for you then dont worry about this :)

hope some of this makes sense..

-Bluntman

Guest Syntaxerror

Thx alot, that´s exactly what I need.