Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
NiGHTMARE

Heroes of the community

As a kind of spin-off from the Great People thread some posts down, these are people who've done great stuff for Doom and/or the community, rather than just people I know from IRC (which I don't use any more):

1: Carmack (for Doom, and releasing the code)

2: TiC (for NWT, which helped add considerably to the customability of Doom. WinTex probably wouldn't exist without it)

3: Linguica (for Doomworld)

4: Team TNT (for amazing improvements to Doom)

5: Anthony Czerwonka (for the Gothic DM series, arguably the most inspirational Doom add-on .wad's ever)

6: Carnevil and Nightfang (may not have started the C/S playing part of the Doom community, but sure as hell have helped keep it going)

7: Jan van der Veken (for another incredibly inspirational doom .wad, Dawn of the Dead, and starting the Darkening series off)

8: Rick Clark (for his incredible help, via many tutorials and articles, to both new and existing Doom designers)

9: Ola Bjorling (for creating the amazing textures for one of the most popular SP .wads ever, the Darkening E2, and practically founding the tiny 1-on-1 style maps)

10: Randy Heit, the EDGE team, the Legacy crew, et al (for helping to keep the rather ancient Doom engine alive with constant modificiations).

I agree with your choices, but what about the nice, hard working people who brought us the Memento Mori levels? those are some of the best that I have ever played.

RicRob? Where's RicRob? I don't see RicRob...

:looks around for RicRob:

Greg Lewis- for making dehacked

Justin fisher- For providing a base by which all other T.C.'s are formed

cd-rom.com- For hosting endless supplys of levels and mods

Iikka Keranen- for showing us what the doom engine is really capible of

All the T.C makers out there- For doing what they love best

Submerge said:

I agree with your choices, but what about the nice, hard working people who brought us the Memento Mori levels?

He did credit those... those two megawads were done by TiC.

Yo, what about mah dawg, elbryan42? He's done a lot for us peeps around here, and he's still working hard!

Lee' Mon should be mentioned too for his generations mod, and SUCCEDING in remaking many of the doom aspects in 3d fashion! Ya'll gots ta try dat mod!

Guest Cacodemon Leade

Yeah. He is the one who did the FTP and allowed us to have the music for the DOOM Console Games.

Mordeth said:

He did credit those... those two megawads were done by TiC.

My love goes to all of you...I love you.

I LOVE YOU TOO, MAN!!!! (esco wipes a tear from his cheek)

I feel you, with all the bullshit of Columbine being blamed at us, from all the criticism, we are all good people and this thread just shows our hearts...beautiful.