Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest DIRE

Petetion to Carmack

Guest DIRE

Everyone on doom world should get togeather with the other doom sites, and make a Online Petition, urging carmack to Ignore those idiotic Colorado Angry Parents and continue to make violent games. Playing violent games is how i unwind and releive stress after a gruling 10-12 hour day at work. just because a town doesnt know how to parent their kids doesnt mean the whole world should suffer.

Guest PFCRon

I'm with you. What those people don't realize is that even if they do win over this court case, it will be short-lived. They do not know how many people they will upset, and it's more than they think. Their problem is that they're so cocky and think they're better than everyone else (total self-righteousness and hypocracy). Mainly those groups consist of Republicans, parents groups, and the religious rite (right?). Anything they don't understand scares them and won't take the responsibility for their own actions, they have to blame "the devil", which I think is total and utter bullshit. Being the good Pagan/Wiccan that I am, I at least blame no one but myself whenever I make a mistake.

And it's true, even I have angry thoughts at times, but who doesn't? Anyone who says the don't (Stoics, for instance)has a real problem with them or is a hypocrite, in my veiws. Like you said, the reason I play DOOM most of the time is to let out my anger without hurting anyone else, myself included. In fact, that's a Pagan saying, "Do as you please, but hurt ye none."

This can't be reiterated enough to those that don't understand, but I'll say it anyway; the media cannot override good parenting. Basically, that's saying media should not be used as a babysitter, to quote Deadnail.

Yet another point that's true is the fact that teachers and parents should have taken some action to guide the 2 would-be shotters. As my mom told me, if the teacher, parent, or principal is aware of the situation but just sits on their ass and does nothing, then they are showing

1.Poor responsibility
2.Laziness
3.Apathy
4.Their dislike towards the smart kids

Another good example of a school like Columbine is my school, Alamo Heights High School (which is almost nationally renowned). All the students and faculty care about is SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS! Literally everyone except a few of the ROTC cadets (like me) is in some type of athletics. And to think everyone there has to nerve to say they don't place enough importance on sports! A cheerleader who sits behind me in my English class actually said that.

Anyway, I'm all for this petition, even my mom got upset by this (she's the one that hooked me on DOOM). If this wasn't convincing enough, someone else speak out please.

Screw a petition to carmack, (he won't listen, too busy making a new doom game) I think we should post our own website, something along the lines of:
www.doomdosntcauseschoolshootingsyoufuckers.com
or
www.pro-doom.com
for those of us that hate websites with more than 20 letters in them

PFCRon said:

Same here.They're sillybastards.
I would send em email replys back saying "screw off you ass clowns go to hell,you can tell me what to do or make violent games if I want to.

The catholic i am dont mean much to me.

Im always angry and when I have a problem I blame others.Yah know I cant help when Idepressed chumm who visists a shrink evey three weeks.People always treating like shit cause they think there so great,damnit.

Im gonna burn down them down one day.

I play DOOM cause Doom is my mind in a way and I let my rage out and seemingly,DOOM has tooken over my mind.

No one can tell me what to do, I play violent games all the time,all my games have violence and gore and bad language,so what?

But in my schools i've been to,the smart kids were always favourd and I was disliked by most of the teachers.Stupid idiots.

But the high school I go to like you say sports sports sports,I hate sports except pro wrestling,no it's not a real sport and I dont care if any of these doom bros here dont like it,im just saying though.

Guest DIRE
PFCRon said:

PFCRon you hit all the points i was trying to make right on the head.

please, carmack wont listen to them anyway. thats why he hasnt replied yet. is it becasue hes bust making a game? no its because he knows better. just dont say anything. ignore it. after this whole load of shit id make doom the most violant gaem ever made.

I think this is the perfect time to relate what happened at school last friday (4-20). At the beginning of the week rumors stated to travel around that there would be a shooting on 4-20. The only problem with this rumor is that it was vague and there were no suspects. The school started going around questioning everyone wearing a trench coat. This is nuts because even some of the teachers wear trench coats. Anyways, a couple of my friends were singled out which was ludicris because they are cool, friendly, non-violent people.

Then came the day of 4-20. You must first understand that the community I live in is directly in the middle of 3 military installations (bad place to be during WWIII), so there are a lot of people living on government land who don't have to pay taxes, plus many people who have been pofiting off the recent population boom, thus we have a relatively large upper class, thus, I also go to a very preppy school.

Returning to the story, a few cops showed up to 'protect' the school that day. There were over 500 absences that day, about half the school! Though a few of them were slackers, 90% were preps who were to scared to go to school. It was the dumbest (and most humorous) thing that ever happened at our school. The school even asured them that nothing would happen (though thats not much asurance.

Anyways, I've written way to much already. I've been playing Doom since I was 9 and I've never had any violent intentions. In fact, I'm a pacifist. I play violent games to release all my violent anger. Simple as that. This reminds me of a case where some kid killed himself while listening to Ozzy's 'Suicide Solution'. The judge ruled that Ozzy wasn't guilty for the kid's death because several million albums had been sold, but only one kid killed himself because of it. This whole thing is just a bunch of BS started by Fundamentalist Christians and Aristocratic Republicrats trying to create a Totalitarian Society of Thought Police. Hmm, went off on a little political rant there...sorry.

Let carmack handle his own problems. It isn't like they won't release doom3.

nightmare imp said:

Really?

I play DooM cause its FUN!,Anyway,what are these fuckwit parents gonna do if they win? ban doom? seeing as EVERYONE has it,or knows someone who has it their ban wont mean shit!

And anyway,we got the games factory and windows paint,if they stop the coroprations making violent games we can all just get on with it ourselves,and release em on the net with no age restrictions and for free!