Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Doom4Ever

How much doom?

Guest Doom4Ever

well, I havn't played doom for a while cause one of my brothers deleted it (dont know which) and i was too heart broken to load it back up. Ya see when i very first got doom and doom2 (got at same time) i started downloading modifacations for it. my very first was a south park one, which is still my favorite even though it is old. as the years past i got so much stuff its not even funny. bomberman doom, team fortress classic doom, and soccer doom just to name a few. well i know that i will never be able to get all of it back again. i can still see my doom folder with all those files in it. anyway, i got to thinking. wouldnt it be neat if it ended up that i had more doom stuff then anyone i ever knew? so i am just asking how much memory does your doom extras take up? i had about 3mb which i thought was alot, but hey what do i know right?

Multiply your doom directory size by 443, and that's mine ;)
And I haven't been downloading nearly as many wads the past year or two... so there must be some truly massive doom dirs out there.

Reqiem alone takes up 10.9 mb. Plus I have all the Gothic Dm's Fetal Dm's Perd Dm's and then most of the most popular TC's and Megawads. Im not sure how much it all takes up by I would say over 100mb. I've still got 10.7gb left just in my D drive, and in my C drive I have 12.2gb. Are you sure all that stuff took up 3 mb?

My Doom folder is precisely 1 gigabyte. That's 3281 files. My collection is FAR from complete... but I think I've got one helluva start! =)

I would guess... that if you had every single version installed at once, every pwad, demo, theme, EVERYTHING... I'll take a stab in the dark and say upwards of 2.5 gigs to maybe 3, just maybe.

Guest Doom4Ever

ok i guess is asked the wrong thing cause i never downloaded any huge tc or something. all my stuff was real small files, so i guess i shoulda asked how many files yall got but i dont know how many i had so.... good.

Vorpal said:

Multiply your doom directory size by 443, and that's mine ;)
And I haven't been downloading nearly as many wads the past year or two... so there must be some truly massive doom dirs out there.

My doom extra files dir just added up to above 4gb (devided on aprox. 25.000 files) over 7000 levels in there and over 10.000 lmps tho =) A few years of collecting all in all.

Doom4Ever said:

ok i guess is asked the wrong thing cause i never downloaded any huge tc or something. all my stuff was real small files, so i guess i shoulda asked how many files yall got but i dont know how many i had so.... good.

I don't play doom any more so I don't have a whole lot...I have 1 CD full of shit though, and I've played more than my fair share of TC's.