Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Epistax

I have a dream

Guest Epistax

I have a dream, that one day, Doom will be the absolute most run program in the world, beating all operating systems. This doom will contain the best game value of all games ever made, including excite bike. The editing will be so easy that a bmp file is transformed into a monster. The 'uh oh' sound in icq will echo down the halls of the final beast. And in this dream, this doom, frag fests will be held daily.

question: if doom is run more than any operating system, what is doom run _in_?

Guest fraggle`
Jon said:

cross platform doom ports

On the one hand, I commend you for sharing that with us. Yes, it's nice to enjoy something as much as we enjoy DOOM, and it would be nice for others do do also.

But what you speak of would never happen. People have mostly very different interests and hobbies, so not everybody with a computer will play Doom on it. Secondly, it's too old a game to be either 'trendy' or commercially viable in any form. Third, if you really wish for this then you are a couple of notches away from being a Nazi, of sorts. Not everybody needs to conform to the standards as set by one individual, such as yourself.

And, of course, if you're actually trying to relate to the general feeling and high expectations of Doom 3, then do it in a less... 'wierd' way.

You have only succeeded in making yourself look like an idiot. Although your intentions may have been good at heart, you really should have engaged your brain before typing this post.

Guest fraggle`

http://mirror.yellow5.com/archive/index34.html

This night I dreamt i was this guy running around in egypt, shooting these monster thingies with a shotgun.

I had a dream I was running at 50 mph through a city, destroying werewolves and gang members with fire from my fingertips. And my friends told me there wouldn't be any sideffects! Bah.

Guest Nuno Correia

Guest deathwarrior

/me looks down just to make sure

yup, i do too.

Guest Nuno Correia

/me high-fives dwr

rofl, deathWorld Industries! Do you make skateboards or something?

Guest deathwarrior
Nuno Correia said:

rofl, deathWorld Industries! Do you make skateboards or something?

hahaha, i wish.

actually, it was the first name that popped up in my noggin. it has direct links to UAC Resurrection, Deathwarrior's Domain, my forums, and some of my stuff that i've released.

Guest MrHarmony
Jon said:

Well, for example, if Doom runs on 2 equally popular platforms (ie 50% market share each), Doom is the single most popular application as soon as it's the only application used on more than 50% of computers in total.

Or in general terms; as the number of platforms with substantial market share increase, world domination by a single piece of software quickly requires less unrealistic figures, even when including operating systems in the count.

Now, the gaming industry is huge, and Doom may well be the single most popular game, ever... (Real figures, anyone?) And it has been known to be used as a GUI for basic system management as well! (Someone hacked Doom on Linux so that processes were represented by monsters. You can figure the rest out... ;-)

Either way, why the h*ll am I posting in this thread!? :-)

Guest Epistax
Jayextee said:

On the one hand, I commend you for sharing that with us. Yes, it's nice to enjoy something as much as we enjoy DOOM, and it would be nice for others do do also.

But what you speak of would never happen. People have mostly very different interests and hobbies, so not everybody with a computer will play Doom on it. Secondly, it's too old a game to be either 'trendy' or commercially viable in any form. Third, if you really wish for this then you are a couple of notches away from being a Nazi, of sorts. Not everybody needs to conform to the standards as set by one individual, such as yourself.

And, of course, if you're actually trying to relate to the general feeling and high expectations of Doom 3, then do it in a less... 'wierd' way.

You have only succeeded in making yourself look like an idiot. Although your intentions may have been good at heart, you really should have engaged your brain before typing this post.

someone forgot to take his prozac

out of all the posts, this one you decide is weird and unrealistic

what about the ones about attacking the moon with a block of cheese? oh we already did that?

Guest MrHarmony
MrHarmony said:

Well, for example, if Doom runs on 2 equally popular platforms (ie 50% market share each), Doom is the single most popular application as soon as it's the only application used on more than 50% of computers in total.

Or in general terms; as the number of platforms with substantial market share increase, world domination by a single piece of software quickly requires less unrealistic figures, even when including operating systems in the count.

Now, the gaming industry is huge, and Doom may well be the single most popular game, ever... (Real figures, anyone?) And it has been known to be used as a GUI for basic system management as well! (Someone hacked Doom on Linux so that processes were represented by monsters. You can figure the rest out... ;-)

Either way, why the h*ll am I posting in this thread!? :-)

*heh* While I'm having all sorts of nonsense ideas anyway (too little sleep, too much doom, too much work...), how about an on-line community? Chat rooms, boards, "homes", mail and all that, and of course, deathmatch arenas w/ room for lots of spectators... Did anyone give something like that a serious try?

I mean, there are some dedicated VR clients for that kind of stuff, but... Well, they're not Doom! :-)

Guest Cacodemon Leade
Shaviro said:

This night I dreamt i was this guy running around in egypt, shooting these monster thingies with a shotgun.

Maonth, I think you were Serious Sam in your dream. What did the part of Egypt Look like? Does it look like the Great Pyramid?