Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ressurected

Whats been going on with Doom?

Guest Ressurected

I just registered and I haven't played Doom in several years, just starting to play it again.

I found this site and I've noticed that a bunch of stuff has happened since I played it last! I've seen Source Ports and really cool Modifications! Can anyone suggest some 'top of the line' stuff for me to get? :)

Download some of the projects on Doomworld...some are real awesome...make some new WADS
Get DeepSea or WADAuthor...

I will start with the one and essential source port for Doom : ZDoom. Then there's EDGE (although I don't use it), Doom Legacy (if you have a graphic card that supports OpenGL or Glide, give it a try). There are some kickass projects too who will be out quickly, I hope. Like Eternity, UAC Ressurection and Doom millenium. Get some TC's like Darkening E2. And finally, if you want to play Doom in multiplayer, try CSDoom, ZDaemon or DoomServ (the site is down actually).

Get zdoom csdoom and zdaemon for internet play
http://csdoom.sourceforge.net
http://www.truelights.com
http://zdoom.notgod.com

Feronth said:

I will start with the one and essential source port for Doom : ZDoom. Then there's EDGE (although I don't use it), Doom Legacy (if you have a graphic card that supports OpenGL or Glide, give it a try). There are some kickass projects too who will be out quickly, I hope. Like Eternity, UAC Ressurection and Doom millenium. Get some TC's like Darkening E2. And finally, if you want to play Doom in multiplayer, try CSDoom, ZDaemon or DoomServ (the site is down actually).

Batman doom!!!!

also darkening E2 isn't really a TC...

Guest Cacodemon Leade

The best TCs in rank:

1. Hellraiser DOOM 2

2. Batman DOOM

3. HacX

As far as I know, Hellraiser DOOM 2 has the feel of Serious Sam, because enemies are always after you, and a fun blast fest. Beware the DOOM95 version though, cause puzzle solving is needed! Arrrgghhh!

Davidoom said:

Download some of the projects on Doomworld...some are real awesome...make some new WADS
Get DeepSea or WADAuthor...

Some current projects going on right now among the people of this board are Underworld(mine) and Stone Statagems. Also, HR2 will be out soon (I hope). ZDoom is a must have. Ummm.... If you don't know, there are some really cool tricks people have been discovering with the normal Doom engine such as bridges, double bridges, and even quadruple bridges! (HR2 and Underworld both use some of these tricks)

Zdoom all the way! It's the only port that'll play mp3s, has the best control, and the best all around. The other 3 ports to mention are:

-Prboom - My old fave. I just somehow like Zdoom a bit better. Zdoom has new features added all the time.
-Edge - Full 3d. Other than that, you'd might as well play Zdoom with all of the features off.
-Legacy - Surprisingly cool port. Has split screen! One of the only gripes is the mouselook is severely hampered. You can only look up or down half the distance as other ports.

Also, I have an ftp that is a must see. It's now 4 gigs. It has:

-the source ports
-Wad files galore! My faves plus all of the wads from ftp.cdrom.com
-the console sounds in both .wav and .wad form (another big thanks to Esco!)
-the console music in my "Awesome Quality!" MP3s done by me. Both Esco and I made .wad files of these. Spooky music. Check it out.
-The Doom betas, as well as Doom shareware & all of the patches for Doom & Doom 2 (plus the fixed wad for Map31 of TNT)
-Every FAQ, secret list, and walkthrough you could ever want for Doom.
-scans of the Doom novels and the Doom posters (thanks to Peter Heinemann)
-Console Duke3d & Descent music
-Weekly toons. Like cartoons? They change every week. Too numerous to name. Includes many types of Transformers, South Park, X-Men Evolutoion, and much more.

Ok, now that I'm done plugging my FTP (and practicing on my typing), let me welcome you to Doomworld!

Guest c-d-w

w00t! I'm popular enough for someone else to use my icon!

I'm the man now, dog!

Guest Ressurected

Whoa! So many responces :)

Cool, i'll go get 'zdoom'. I've heard a lot about it.