Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Doom Taker

Final Doom?

Guest Doom Taker

What is Final Doom? Does Final Doom have all the original Doom episodes plus Ultimate's Episodes? Thanks.

Doom <- The original
Ultimate Doom <- Doom v1.9, contains a 4th episode (patch to it)
Doom 2 <- Hell on earth
Final Doom <- 64 more levels of Doom 2 (official but not made by id)

Guest Doom Taker

So it's a Doom II add on but not made by ID, right? Thanks.

Hold on now it's NOT an 'add-on' perse.

It's two SEPARATE games. Plutonia and TNT. You get it separately and they play by themselves, they don't require Doom2.

Final Doom is two 32 level episodes based off of Doom 2 but NOT made by id. You buy Final Doom and you get both games.

Guest Doom Taker

Alright I understand now. But I have one last question. If I bought Final Doom for the Playstation would it be the same? I also heard it was better than the PC version.

It's not the same, and it won't work on your computer (only your Playstation).

It's about 80% or so the same as the PC one, but the PSX one has better music, fewer sound effects, and simplified architecture.

Guest Doom Taker

I know that. Of cousre it won't play on my PC. But thanks for the info. And by the way I have a PS2 which I love so dearly. Do you own one?

Guest Doom Taker
deadnail said:

I'm waiting on buying one until there's a game on it worth playing. =)

Yeah I have some cool games. I got the Metal Gear Solid 2 demo that's comes with ZOE or Zone Of The Enders. Also Gran Turismo 3 came out in Japan yesterday. For the US it'll be out in 2 months.

Hey man if you like playing on systems like PSx and 64 here's a site I use to talk on. It has message boards for every game on every system, even PC. My name there is madmang. I have some posts at the Doom board there for the PC. Check it out!

www.gamefaqs.com

Guest Doom Taker

What's your user name?

Guest Doom Taker

very funny man. >:(

fodders said:

Why don't you two just get a room? :)

=P

I've been waiting for someone else to volunteer some information to this Doom virgin.

As for you, bucko, I don't have a user name on GameFAQs. I just go there for FAQs, not to conversate.

Guest Doom Taker

Well you can say I'm a Doom Virgin but back in the day. I was creating the tightest levels and knew all about Doom. That's was when I was 15! Now I'm 20 and I'm back for more see!

Tightest eh, well I like wide open levels more.

Are you saying you've been using a computer for six years and you don't know how to find out what kind of soundcard you have?

Guest Doom Taker
deadnail said:

Tightest eh, well I like wide open levels more.Are you saying you've been using a computer for six years and you don't know how to find out what kind of soundcard you have?

Well I haven't had that many games on my computer besides Doom and Tie Fighter. Those are about the only main games I have had on here.

About your other question. Yeah I like wide open levels too. I remember one level I made with DCK(Doom Creator Kit). It was a giant circle,.. in the middle was a large podium where you start. I had about 50 enemies that where all around the outside of the outer circle of the level. Also the lights where really really dark. It was really cool cause when you start, you start in the middle up high. Then sundenly you start to see all the colored lights, red, green, ect coming at you. It was one of my collest levels. Most of the time the enemies would kill them selves from hitting each other.

*memories, sniff*

deadnail said:

Hold on now it's NOT an 'add-on' perse.

It's two SEPARATE games. Plutonia and TNT. You get it separately and they play by themselves, they don't require Doom2.

Final Doom is two 32 level episodes based off of Doom 2 but NOT made by id. You buy Final Doom and you get both games.

I wouldn't call it 2 seperate games, it's basically jsut 2 new iwads.