Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Doom Taker

Question about Installing my Aliens Doom wad.

Guest Doom Taker

Alright I asked a question on here about getting the Aliens Doom wad. I already have it now. I have it unzipped and I copied all the files and pasted them into my Doom95 directory. I have Ultimate Doom. When I start my Doom up on Windows, this is where I get confused on how to play the Aliens wad. There's a place for a 'Game Wad File' that's only says 'Doom' and then 'None'. And then below that there's a one that says 'Custom Wad File'. What do I do to play this? I've tried keeping the Doom on and on the Custom Wad File changing it to 'ALITCWAD'. Then when I load it up I only get the Aliens on the Menu screen as the title name. I still get the same levels, sounds, and menu options. What am I doing wrong? Could the Aliens wad I downloaded be wrong? Thanks for all the help.

Guest Doom Taker

Maybe the Aliens TC takes more than one wad. I haven't played that in a while but some mods put all their music in one wad, all their graphics in another, all their sounds in a third and all the levels in a fourth.

Can you load multiple wads with Doom95? Maybe you should try Doom Legacy, it can do it easily for you. Just download it and unzip it into your Doom95 folder and run 'launcher.exe'. From there you can configure the thing as you like and load up as many external wads as you please.

Guest Doom Taker
deadnail said:

Maybe the Aliens TC takes more than one wad. I haven't played that in a while but some mods put all their music in one wad, all their graphics in another, all their sounds in a third and all the level

The Doom95 will only let me run one wad file. When I had Aliens installed it gave me 3 different ones. But like I said I can only choose one. I'm guess this is the problem then. I'll check that Doom Legacy out and get back to ya'. Later.

Guest Doom Taker
Doom Taker said:

Alright I have Doom Legacy Downloaded and installed under the Doom Directory in a new Directory. I load DL up and went to Game Mode. I first put Legacy.exe as the 'Doom Legacy Program'. Then I put the origianl Doom wad in the first blank under .Wad Files'. I had three left to put so I put the 3 Alien Wads. When I tried to start it started fine but the screen with the ammo, ect. Wad really small and centered at the bottom. It looked messed up. When I exxited I heard 2 gunshots instead of 1. It seemed to of messed up somewhere.

Right now my computer is really messed up. Not becuase of this but because of systems. I was messing around with that the other day and I shouldn't of. Now everything in windows is black. Even the Start at the left/bottom is black and that bar too. Everything I go to has a black background. I did fix it, but it's gone back to it. I hate it man. I've had somemany problems just trying to get the right music for Doom and the Alien Wad files to play. I figure when ever my dad gets home he can help me fix it. I'll still mess around with it. I might delete all of my Doom files and wads. And re-Install it. I have Doom legacy in the Doom Directory and in it's on Directory under Doom so that's kind of wrong. Well man I'll get back to you and tell if you can do anything for me. Thanks a lot for ALL the help.

1) I've had my Windows go black too. It's a side effect of a program crashing; just reboot and everything should be cool.

2) Don't root around with Windows unless you know what you're doing. You can really screw something up if you're not careful.

3) You installed Doom Legacy wrong.

A) When it asks for your 4 main wad files, it's asking for the location of: doom.wad, doom2.wad, tnt.wad and plutonia.wad, it is NOT asking for the location of any pwads you might have. Clear those out and make sure the doom.wad one is checked.

B) Click the Single Map button on the Launcher. The bottom half is for Customizing. Make sure the Additional Files box is checked. Click the + sign next to the text field on the bottom, the one right under "Additional Files (maps, skins, mods)". With the browse window that pops up select all three of the wads for Aliens Doom.

Guest Doom Taker

My computer somehow retured to normal, but it's still kind of messed up. Everything is looking normal but the WallPaper is a little disorted like it's only showing some many colors. Also when I open up a program the Wallpaper turns like green, orange, ect. but for only a second. I talked to my brother earlier and he's going to help me out on fixing it. And rebooting doesn't help. I'll get the Doom Legacy running soon, but guess what?... I HAVE A NEW PROBLEM!!!! SHEEESH!!!!

I had the Doom Legacy in 2 Directories, one in Doom and another in a Sub-Directory in Doom. Well I thought this might of been a problem(somehow) and I deleted everything(for one reason is cause I didn't know which files where what in the doom, ya know) even Doom itself(with out Unistalling it) Now when I load the CD I can't Unistall it cause it's missing the file and I can't play cause it can't find the file to play it. So now I can't DO ANYTHING!!!! I am SOOOOO pissed right now!

Uh...Can you say HeadAche? >:(