Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Liam the Bard

Poll

Guest Liam the Bard

What DooM 1 or 2 level would you most like to live in (minus demons who want to kill you, of course)

I'd prolly say mt. erebus.

Guest Dave

Ditto
Anywhere with computers so I can play Doom so the UAC facility aswell.

Cool question though....

Guest RTC Marine
Dave said:

Ditto
Anywhere with computers so I can play Doom so the UAC facility aswell.

Cool question though....

probably the military base, then i can get my ass into some training :P

um, probably e5m1. If you all didn't know, that was the secret map of john romero's house. You can't cheat to get there. Beat all 4 episodes on NIGHTMARE and you can see it. Pretty easy really. Tell me if anyone gets it

Hmmm. I got some ideas

Doom 2: level 2, 6, 12, 13, 15, 27

I didn't really like the Doom 1 levels, much less live in them

Guest Ressurected
Ralphis said:

um, probably e5m1. If you all didn't know, that was the secret map of john romero's house. You can't cheat to get there. Beat all 4 episodes on NIGHTMARE and you can see it. Pretty easy really. Tell m

What a cruel thing to, Ralphis. >:)

Guest Cacodemon Leade

I'd live in E1M1 of DOOM, of course there should be no slime pits like in the game itself.

Guest PFCRon

Probably a tie between "Spawning Vats" and "Tower of Babel". The tech in E2M7 I like the best, while E2M8 is just plain kick-ass.

probably level 29 of Final DooM (plutonia) : Odyssey of Noises because it has so many buildings to hang out in...except i would get a construction crew to fix that large red hole...or if you want my view from just doom or doom 2 id probably say suburbs or mt erebus as well

Rubilacxe said:

I didn't really like the Doom 1 levels, much less live in them

:dies:

I've always thought about that; my own maps would be my #1 choices, but for Doom1 map, I'd have to pick a few depending on my mood: E2M2, E2M4, E2M6, E2M7, E3M2, E3M3, E3M4, E3M5, E3M6, E3M7, E4M2 (if it were more like a water park than a lava pit), E4M5, E4M9.

I guess that's more like a list of places I'd like to go hang out, rather than live. For living purposes, if I could buy some giant field, I'd find a way to combine most of E2M2, E2M7, E3M2, E3M4, E3M5, E3M6, E3M7 and E4M9 into one giant house.

I don't think anything in Doom2 is very cool/comfortable-feeling at all, although I did design a house modeled after Tricks and Traps (Map08) for an art/architecture class and also made a 3D model of what it would look like if built. Other than that, Map11 would make a cool playground as well as Map14, and Map28 would be a cool movie set. I suppose I could live in Map28.

Guest Dave
nightmare imp said:

Hmmmm,how could I put this?

Hell I'd love to live in Unholy Cathedral.

Do I know where you got part of that sig from?

One of the E1 maps... I'd have issues living amongst lava or skin architecture :)

Probably the first level of doom2. Just look at the architecture in the beginning, look at the stairs... Baroc? Greek? I don't know, but it's beautiful.. :)

Ralphis said:

um, probably e5m1. If you all didn't know, that was the secret map of john romero's house. You can't cheat to get there. Beat all 4 episodes on NIGHTMARE and you can see it. Pretty easy really. Tell me if anyone gets it

is there any demos of it on the net

Guest Nuno Correia
RTC Marine said:

probably the military base, then i can get my ass into some training :P

The Military Base is the only place in Doom that seems inhabitable.

Ressurected said:

What a cruel thing to, Ralphis. >:)

Level 29 of Plutonia does sound good. Maybe one of those high-tech space levels in Evilution. Or maybe one of the Gothic dm(2) levels. I would also like to live in some of Iikka's levels, such as "Gateway to Quake", but that would be to dark and creepy, so I'll have to go with "Town Of The Dead".

Guest mantraSaucy

e4m1