Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Zeratul 982

Downloading difficulties?

I frequently heard that some people received a password error when trying to download my file(s). I accessed the ftp using the address "ftp://doom:doom@..." and had no problem accessing my stonedmo or psxsnds file.
I really don't know why there seems to be access problems. Just make sure to use "doom" as the user and "doom" as the password and not your personally assigned username and password that elbryan42 gave you (for all who have uploading access). That's the only thing I think that could create problems.

Elbryan42: Maybe the problem can only be fixed over there, whatever it is. I don't have my files locked or anything.
**Also, in your ftp info thing (with the black background), "Stratagems" is spelled with 2 a's and 1 e, not to be confused with "strategy." :)

Hmmm... I paste in the URL in the sig, and get 'FTP root at...'

I click on stonedmo.zip, and get 'Cannot find server or DNS error.'

There's nothing asking for a user name or pass.

I tried and I had know problem with it. Now, while we are on the topic of SS, did you get the bridge to work? If you want you can send it to me and I'll fix it for you.

Ok. I fixed the spelling mistake. I double checked the rights, and also tried different web browsers & ftp clients and tested the downloading & uploading. Everything works fine. The only thing I can think of is to check your preferences on your web browser. Also, make sure it's opening up port 21. Port 21 is the default in most cases, so I left it at that. If you want to ensure it's using the right port, try this:

ftp://doom:doom@doom.wrong.button.com:21/wads/zeratul 982/

also, other things that can screw up downloading this way (direct connection vs. the net) is if you have any protection software like Black Ice monitoring downloads. I know that it screws up downloading through icq, maybe it screws up with ftp as well.

lastly, MAKE SURE you type the ftp://. if you don't, it'll open up under http:// and won't work.

I'll let you all know if I think of anything else. I want everyone to enjoy the site.

Lazer said:

I tried and I had know problem with it. Now, while we are on the topic of SS, did you get the bridge to work? If you want you can send it to me and I'll fix it for you.

I got it. The only error noticable is when a cacodemon fireball hits one of the invisible platforms until lowered. Nothing major.
Oh, and uh...if we all begin to get comfortable calling it "SS" for short, some people may begin to ask if we're talking about Stone Stratagems or Serious Sam. Hmm...

elbryan42 said:

Ok. I fixed the spelling mistake. I double checked the rights, and also tried different web browsers & ftp clients and tested the downloading & uploading. Everything works fine. The only thing I can think of is to check your preferences on your web browser. Also, make sure it's opening up port 21. Port 21 is the default in most cases, so I left it at that. If you want to ensure it's using the right port, try this:

ftp://doom:doom@doom.wrong.button.com:21/wads/zeratul 982/

also, other things that can screw up downloading this way (direct connection vs. the net) is if you have any protection software like Black Ice monitoring downloads. I know that it screws up downloading through icq, maybe it screws up with ftp as well.

lastly, MAKE SURE you type the ftp://. if you don't, it'll open up under http:// and won't work.

I'll let you all know if I think of anything else. I want everyone to enjoy the site.

Are you sure you saved the changes? It's still says "strategems."