Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jon

Rubilacxe's nickname, and others

I read the story of how Rubilacxe got his nick, and I think its a cool nick :) I was just wondering if anyone else (except esco) has a story behind their nicknames they'd like to share?

um mine came from the game Saga frontier 2. i just took the saga part for my name,

Guest fraggle`

>>frag<< gle

Nothing spectacular:

Zeratul = one of the Protoss heroes from Starcraft
9 = day of birth (Nov. 9)
82 = year of birth (1982)

Hey, I could have done what Rubilacxe did and come up with the name "Lutarez."
...Nah. Never mind.

Hmm. It was all the way back in 5th grade. I wanted an unsusual nickname. It just popped up in my mind, not much to tell really, except i've been using it ever since :).

Arioch is a fallen angel in Milton's Paradise Lost. He is also a Duke of Hell, a Lord of Chaos, from Michael Moorcock's Eternal Champions series of books (mostly in stories featuring Elric of Melnibone, wielder of the black soul-sucking sword Stormbringer)...

Somebody called me it 7 years ago in biology class once. In a rush to come up with something to call myself on the DN forums besides my name I picked this, and got stuck with it. I really don't like it at all but everybody's gotten to know me as Lüt so it'll stay.

SaGa said:

um mine came from the game Saga frontier 2. i just took the saga part for my name,

Mine is from a poem that I memorized in middle school...

listen to "Hey man, nice shot" by Filter.

If you let the words of the refrain blur together you can hear my nickname.

I like little known bits of language. A deadnail, or more commonly known as a deathnail, is the last nail put into a coffin.

fraggle` said:

>>frag<< gle

Mine came because my name is Ralph. My old alias (DukeNukem), well figure it out for yourself. BTW fraggle, i thought you got your name from fraggle rock. That show is so leet

Guest PFCRon

Heh, you will all hate me when I say this, but mine is from the fist novel. There are 2 PFC's (private first class) named Ron somewhere in the book, and I just caught on.

Guest kristus
Arioch said:

Arioch is a fallen angel in Milton's Paradise Lost. He is also a Duke of Hell, a Lord of Chaos, from Michael Moorcock's Eternal Champions series of books (mostly in stories featuring Elric of Melnibone, wielder of the black soul-sucking sword Stormbringer)...

Soulmates

Guest pickle_hammer

stole it from sir_frags as fun, it stuck

Well back in the day when I first played DOOM 64 I was intrigued.I was on the level main engineering when I imps scream from ahead and I got out my shotgun.I rushed and instead of the usual orange fire ball,a mother fuckin transparent,purple blue fireball comes flinging at me and nails me dead on.

I looked up in a stragerty guide on Doom 64 and saw the creature was a damn imp.

So than a little while later I find DOOM wolrd and I join in and called myself nightmare imp.

Simple, it's my name (Gavin J. C. Doherty)
I have another nick that I rarely use that my brother gave to me(cuz he's a bit strange) is JemiroJim
and well there ya go.

I rule

I'm named this because of my excesive testing of stuff, and always making 'prototypes' and what not. :) Since Test #0 is another way of saying prototype (a funky way too. :), vola! =) I've been known this for, like, ever. Most of my friends just call me Test though. =)

Side note, the D(c)! face thingy is my company name. It's D(c)! because I took my name, and added (c) cauz D alone was boring. Then I put !. I don't know why, must have been intoxicated or something. =)

Test-0

as legend goes, one day when i was in 6th grade, i saw an episode of looney toons that had this guard naemd hassan adn he went "hassan chop". well i got taht phrase stuck in my head adn said it constantly at school. then its just became my nickname (aside from ass-=hoel adn moron) then the master part caem from my love of star wars. the force is pretty much my entire philosophy on life. not many peopel know how phychologically deep star wars is, the ythink its the same as star trek...those unbelievers. so i made my screen name jedimasterhassan, then i used tha tfor everything. but 16 letters wouldnt fit in the doomworld name boz so i shorteneed it to masterhassan...

you are all now 17% dumber...mhahahahahahaha...oh its not funny any more...oh well hahahahahahaha- ha ha yada yada yada bla bla bal and so forth. hip hip cheerio adn all that sort of rut...boooooooooooooyyyyyyya

Elbryan - Character in R A Salvatore's "Demon Saga"
42 - Answer to life, the universe, and everything.

The other nicks I like using is:

Vassago - The evil guy from the Dean Koontz book & movie "Hideaway"

Pickel - was supposed to be Pikel from Salvatore's "Cleric Quintet", but I misspelled it and thought it looked cool.

PFCRon said:

Heh, you will all hate me when I say this, but mine is from the fist novel. There are 2 PFC's (private first class) named Ron somewhere in the book, and I just caught on.

If you remember, the second you changed your name I asked if you were Ron or Ron Too. I wonder if anyone else caught the reference.

Zeratul 982 said:

Hey, I could have done what Rubilacxe did and come up with the name "Lutarez."

NO.

I got my nick from Iron Maiden's vocalist. He used to be called 'The Air Raid Siren'. That was a bit long, so I shortened it.

Guest kristus
GavinJCD said:

Simple, it's my name (Gavin J. C. Doherty)
I have another nick that I rarely use that my brother gave to me(cuz he's a bit strange) is JemiroJim
and well there ya go.

I rule

Dorethy?

Guest kristus

I got my name from my next door neighbour. He had Ebola. It was really cool. He totally wen't from alive and kicking to stone cold dead carcass in a week. After that I called myself Ebola, cause Ebola was such a cool deseice, and I hated my neighbour.

Guest mantraSaucy

i was sick of that retarded nick i thought up on the fly my first ircing time HellKnigh (efnet has a 9 char limit) so i started trying to think of a better one. So one day i'm playing one of the best nes games ever, Faxanadu. And i went to the bathroom and im sitting there, and i think hey, the passwords in that game are called mantra's, thats a saucy nanner rubbing nick if i ever heard one. There's my wild and crazy story. The end.

Guest fraggle`
Ebola said:

Dorethy?

Gavin: "we sure aint in ireland any more, Tonto!"

Guest mantraSaucy
Arioch said:

morecock heh, dirty arioch