Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest DIRE

Pathetic

Guest DIRE

I just want to say i think its pathetic that this community chooses to argue over each others petty differences rather then come togeather and support Doom and Doom related material. Linguica I cannot take the immaturity anymore and I am leaving Doomworld, i will stop back to check on WadAuthor and will post on thread related to Wadauthor, but i will not frequent the message boards. I came here looking for people that were as interested in Doom as I am, and i leave Discouraged because most (not all) of the people i found are immature and want to argue over anything (because they are bored, i dunno, I have yet to find the reason). Farewell to the people that were civil and about supporting the community, and good luck with the immature people you are going to have to argue with everyday.

-Tom

if this is about the constitution thing then I have no sympathy. otherwise, this has been a rough week or so indeed.

Guest ZarcyB

If you don't like all the immature people, why don't you just ignore them?

What's wrong with arguing? I love arguing. I think you're reading people's tones wrong. I happen to be very insulting but I'm also very sarcastic - most people don't get that though. It's just an internet forum, how seriously can you take anything that's said here? If it were in person, it would be way different. We'll see you back in a few weeks.

DIRE said:

I cannot take the immaturity anymore and I am leaving Doomworld

You'd have to be pretty immature to think that all of the Doom community is represented on the forums, or on Doomworld. Find Doomer's websites, and email the authors... maybe you'll make some friends.

I like to think of the term as debating thank you very much. Oh, and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Jon said:

if this is about the constitution thing then I have no sympathy. otherwise, this has been a rough week or so indeed.

Fact is he is as much a participent in all the glaming as I am.

Want some cheese to go with your whine?
I personally think reading some of the "immature" posts is rather entertaining.
And if you hadn't noticed, there are a good number of Doom-related posts on these forums.
You, sir, are the one who is pathetic, for leaving just because everything's not dead serious.

Guest fraggle`
GavinJCD said:

Fact is he is as much a participent in all the glaming as I am.

glam rock gavin? what

What would a messageboard where we all "got together to support Doom" look like?

Pretty fucking boring, is my guess...

I used to think so too. But now after a while I realize that it is pretty damn fun to argue with "newbies" and others over stupid things. I am still against unnecessarily rough language, though.

DIRE said:

Linguica I cannot take the immaturity anymore and I am leaving Doomworld,

reg date :Sat 24 Mar 2001 10:32
exit date: Mon 7 May 14:49
Damn short fuse

fraggle` said:

glam rock gavin? what

my brother must have switched the key cases again.......

DIRE said:

Linguica I cannot take the immaturity anymore and I am leaving Doomworld, i will stop back to check on WadAuthor and will post on thread related to Wadauthor, but i will not frequent the message board

Good luck finding a forum - any forum - that doesn't have its share of whiners and lamers. Ling and I are doing our best to wield out the most obnoxious posts from time to time, but we do have better things to do than babysitting the kiddies that frequent these parts.

It's always an option to email us about a post you want to see deleted, if it clearly violates the rules. Always happy to oblige here :) And once again, stop referring to the people here as "Doomworld". Same goes for that IRC channel linked on our main page. It's stupid.

DIRE said:

...and good luck with the immature people you are going to have to argue with everyday

Thanks...
Now go back to your bedroom and play Zelda again.