Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crym01

MIDI Programm needed!!

Guest Crym01

i am looking for a midi-programm like Melody Assistant ... shareware/freeware i dont care ...

which programs do you recommend?

btw: i should be easy to use ...

a very good freeware program is massiva, aviable at www.maz-sound.de (think it's in the sb/awe32 section although it doesn't need a ave32/live! card)

I use cakewalk and I think it is great! Go to my website to see a song I made using just cakewalk.

Guest fraggle`

www.sharewaremidiprogramlikemelodyassistant.com

I recommend either:

Cakewalk Pro 9 or...
Cusbase VST

Either is great, although my personal preference is Cakewalk.

Crym01 said:

btw: i should be easy to use ...

You probably don't want Cakewalk like these people say. Unless it was built from scratch for Version 9, it's unbearably impossible to use. For writing MIDI, you do get an easy-to-use staff where you can drag notes around and stuff, but if you want it for actual sounds, waves, anything else it says it's capable of doing: it isn't. It's a nightmare. Hell, it won't even let me change the volume of a track in some other guy's piece. Keeps resetting it no matter how many times I save it. Lousy piece of crap.

Guest ZarcyB
Lazer said:

I use cakewalk and I think it is great! Go to my website to see a song I made using just cakewalk.

*shameless self-advertising*

:P

Try Midisoft Studio. It's rather limited, but it makes up for that by being extremely easy to use (it's basically just like writing sheet music).

The site is http://www.recordlab.com/. Unfortunately, you need to buy the latest version as the demo is limited to 30 days.

However, hunt around the net a bit and you should be able to find an older version from when it was freeware (very old versions are called Midisoft Recording Session).