Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

A scene from DOOM (name the level)

First you need to understand that the walls surrounding you are green brick, and it's fairly dark. You must jump into the blood for it is the only place you have not yet been. You must risk it if you ever wish to escape this place alive. So you brave it. You jump into the stinking cess pool of blood, frantically turning about in search of where to go. In your frantic flailing, you get a glimpse of a soul sphere above you. But seeing it's out of reach, you keep looking for a way out and then find it. If you hadn't been so panic stricken, you would have realized it wasn't so hard to find. You get onto the small safe place and see a teleoprt. You jump in. WTF? You are taken back to the large room where you just killed the two Baron's of Hell! You go back to the ledge. "What the hell is this!" You curse under your breath. Your health is getting low, you don't have time or the energy to be mucking about in pools of accursed blood. Was there something I over looked? you think to yourself. You peer over the edge to get a better view of the pool. Just barely out of the corner of your eye you can see the soul sphere up on the right side of the pool. But still no sign of where to go other than the little alcove where the teleport was. You make one more mad dash toward the little patch of ground tucked away in the side of the green bricks and stand once more in front of the teleport. You look at the wall beside you and then behind you. Behold! A switch! In the dim light you must have failed to notice it from the ledge. You hit the switch and a bridge of green stone rises from the pool of blood. But by the time you realized what the switch had done, it had risen too high to get on. A spell of panic and despair sweeps over you, but falls as quickly as it had come as you remember the teleport and realize it's purpose.

Tired, hurt and sick from wading in the blood of hellspawn, you drag your body once more to the ledge and walk out toward the exit chamber ahead of you. You open the door and two imps cramped inside hiss and claw at you but before their claws set into your torn, burnt flesh, your shotgun rings true once more and one imp groans and falls back, and the other takes its place to meet the same fate. You now stand over their corpses in front of the skull switch you had so long been searching for; you breathe a sigh of relief and are just about to activate it when you suddenly remember the soul sphere. You turn around to see that another bridge has risen. You must have not heard it during the tussle with the imps. It leads right to the soul sphere and you fall on your knees laughing with glee. You muster the last of your strength and run to the blue ball of salvation. But in your moment of exultation you slip and fall into the pool of blood below and drown.

My Turn!

You wake up in a pile of bloody tentecls. Turns out it's a lift. it goes up and you see trees groing from the tentecles and a brown creature. You tend to shoot, but then it notices you.

Um, isn't this my old game? :P

I'm unbeatable at this! Ask anyone.

The answer is either e3m1 or e3m9.

Now, for me. Hmm...

You teleport into a room. You hear the distinctive grunts of Demons. You look up and see a whole bunch of them. Hmm, a couple switches. Wonder which one to push...

RailGunner said: You wake up in a pile of bloody tentecls. Turns out it's a lift. it goes up and you see trees groing from the tentecles and a brown creature. You tend to shoot, but then it notices you.

LMAO!!! You play on skill 1? ROFL!!

/me points and laughs at RailGunner. (E3M1 - Hell Keep I believe is the title [I don't have DOOM my HD went bye bye so I can't verify])

RailGunner said:the damage amount gets bigger by skill.

About this comment. Alot of people seem to think this but it's not true. Skill 1 the damage is 1/2 of what it is on all the other skills. Skill 5 there is no more damage than on skill 2. Skill 1 and Skill 5 ammo is twice what it is on skill 2, 3, and 4. On skill 1 and skill 5 it says you picked up a rocket, but really you picked up two, and when it says you picked up 4 shells, you really picked up 8.

speaking of e2m4...that is, like, the scariest map in doom, imoo. Someone ought to do a conversion to a newer fps (and build it with better architecture, of course).

I thought maybe Limbo for a bit. Whatever, i'll say Limbo to be different.

RailGunner said:

My Turn!

You wake up in a pile of bloody tentecls. Turns out it's a lift. it goes up and you see trees groing from the tentecles and a brown creature. You tend to shoot, but then it notices you.

E3M1?

Ok, which level from Hell Revealed is this?

At the start of the level, you see more monsters
than you can count, and after approx. 5 seconds,
you're dead!

:)

The level with the demons and the 2 switches:

House of Pain?

Or maybe Unholy Cathedral?

(Could be either or none, but you will or won't get this one:
You're in an octagonal green room. Two zombies attack from one side, three tomatoes attack you from a window outside....)

When you start off, you see a switch in front of you. All around you is the walls are made of brick. You hit the switch and the walls in front of you lower. Down in front of you is a pool of acid, surrounded by barrels.
Where are you? (THIS IS FUCKING SIMPLE!)

DooMBoy said:

When you start off, you see a switch in front of you. All around you is the walls are made of brick. You hit the switch and the walls in front of you lower. Down in front of you is a pool of acid, surrounded by barrels.
Where are you? (THIS IS FUCKING SIMPLE!)

IN MY PANTS

Ultimate Doomer said:

You're in an octagonal green room. Two zombies attack from one side, three tomatoes attack you from a window outside....

The beginning of E4M5?

From DOOM 2: You see an off colored torch and activate it. A lift in the room comes down and you enter a secret room. In a struggle to get an appropriate fire arm ready, you are hosed down by several chaingunners.

Doom:

At the bottom of a staircase there is a platform with a shotgun on top. To the right is another platform with a backback on top. A triangular skylight is cut into the ceiling...

You are standing on a ledge with a BFG and several green spheres. In front of you you see 2039475209345720345 monsters. Doom crashes and you have to reformat the hard drive.

Stphrz: mmmm... nice scene. :) Military Base, E1M9.

The Catacombs? Map 22, right? Wow, you're good. That was it.

But what about the S shaped catwalk? It's from DOOM.

Hellbent said:

But what about the S shaped catwalk? It's from DOOM.

Bah you got me. I know there is a reverse S shaped catwalk in E2M4 though.

As you walked through a doorway into a room, your footsteps became heavy and your legs felt leaden. You paused, sensing great evil before you. Cautiously you entered the room. You saw a green sphere and a blue sphere before you, what else you saw you don't remember, for you were overwhelmed by what you saw and immediately passed out, and now lie on the ground, unconscious and yet, unharmed by what you saw.

Where were you? Why weren't you immediately splintered into hamburger meat by the horrorific monsters that you beheld before you passed out? Why did you still have a chance to survive when you came to again?

Bah you got me. I know there is a reverse S shaped catwalk in E2M4 though.

Oh, execuse me, a reversed S catwalk. Sheesh, yep, that's the one I was referring to.

Hellbent said:

As you walked through a doorway into a room, your footsteps became heavy and your legs felt leaden. You paused, sensing great evil before you. Cautiously you entered the room. You saw a green sphere and a blue sphere before you, what else you saw you don't remember, for you were overwhelmed by what you saw and immediately passed out, and now lie on the ground, unconscious and yet, unharmed by what you saw.

Where were you? Why weren't you immediately splintered into hamburger meat by the horrorific monsters that you beheld before you passed out? Why did you still have a chance to survive when you came to again?

Doom2 Map 08. Cybie and barons were scrapping it out.