Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

A scene from DOOM (name the level)

Ultimate DooMer said:

Volte Face: you got it.

Well, map 09 has a cafeteria and walls that go green and red.

I thought map 19 initially, as that has a big crate that's open, but no cafeteria, and the walls that are red go green once and stay green.

Oh well, it must be map 19 of TNT then.... (no other maps have those green lights in them, apart from map 27 but it's not that)

Nope. It's map 20. You know the office area with all those small desks with a small computer on top of it. The teleporter there takes you to that weird storage room. I believe that there are some of those weird green and red walls in the room with the altar and the hell knight. There are is also a huge crate that you can enter there. The bluish coffee refers to the health bonuses that sits on each desk.

Little Faith aptly pointed out that

Zdoom doesn't count the lost souls.

I got my totals from DeepSea.

It *shouldn't* count Lost Souls, because then it would be exceedingly
easy to get > 100% kills without having to kill all the other monsters.
Just sit back and kill some Lost Souls for a bit.

Map 10 has more, anyway.

ohhhh yeah. it is map 20. Oh well, here's a Plutonia one for you....

Revenants and archviles everywhere....(no only kidding, that's every level isn't it?)

You see a door in the distance. But as you step towards it, the fires appear on either side, with chaingunners firing at you! If that's not bad enough, you run to the door and a pink giant awaits! You run back and kill the baron. You also fire at the chaingunners, but they get up again after you killed them! 'I've had enough of this' you think, and run to the switch behind the opened door. But when you press it, your surroundings change instantly! Three demon deaths, and lots of bloodshed later, you approach the yellow key door, only to see it open before you get there....

Ultimate DooMer said:

You see a door in the distance. But as you step towards it, the fires appear on either side, with chaingunners firing at you! If that's not bad enough, you run to the door and a pink giant awaits! You run back and kill the baron. You also fire at the chaingunners, but they get up again after you killed them! 'I've had enough of this' you think, and run to the switch behind the opened door. But when you press it, your surroundings change instantly! Three demon deaths, and lots of bloodshed later, you approach the yellow key door, only to see it open before you get there....

Map10

Correct. Maybe I made it a bit too easy. Ok, here's another one...

(Plutonia)

You stand in a nice cobbled brick room. In front of you is an eye-shaped window, and you think: 'Hang on, haven't I done this before somewhere? In fact this whole place has a sense of deja-vu about it'
Nevermind, you go through the eye and....

Ultimate DooMer said:

Correct. Maybe I made it a bit too easy. Ok, here's another one...

(Plutonia)

You stand in a nice cobbled brick room. In front of you is an eye-shaped window, and you think: 'Hang on, haven't I done this before somewhere? In fact this whole place has a sense of deja-vu about it'
Nevermind, you go through the eye and....

Map30?

You are on a catwalk over hot molten lava that has set the walls on fire. A red cacodemon floats toward you followed by floating skulls set afire by the heat of this place.

Hellbent said:

You are on a catwalk over hot molten lava that has set the walls on fire. A red cacodemon floats toward you followed by floating skulls set afire by the heat of this place.

Aren't you a bit edgy on the details?

Hellbent said:

How many places in DOOM/DOOM 2 meet that description :) One.

Or correct me if I'm wrong....

Oh. Thought it was DOOM/DOOM2/TNT/PLUTONIA now.

I'm not sure if catwalk is the right word. It's a "bridge" or a path over the lava. It's only 8 units above the lava.

MY GOD I'd better stop posting crap. I'D HATE TO BE RESTRICTED TO THE LOSERS FORUM...

Are you suggesting this is a loser thread?

Maonth: yep, Pandemonium was it.

You exit the tower but are decidely disappointed by how much it is not a tower. But you can't be too distracted by that as a menacing thumping is driving you mad with fear.

Hellbent said:

You exit the tower but are decidely disappointed by how much it is not a tower. But you can't be too distracted by that as a menacing thumping is driving you mad with fear.

E2M8

That was a tough one, eh?

Ok, let's see if I can describe one with 5 words.

Dark. Stone walls. Hidden Teleport.

Ling: You mean the teleport at the end of MAP05? You're right, it is dark tho. The map I was thinking of is from Ultiamte DOOM.

Hellbent said:

Ling: You mean the teleport at the end of MAP05? You're right, it is dark tho. The map I was thinking of is from Ultiamte DOOM.

No. There is a hidden multiplayer teleporter afaik.

Doom 2
As you ascend the lift up, you wait patiently for a few seconds,
preparing yourself for whatever awaits you at the top. When you get
to the top, the cry of Imps pierces the air, and your shotgun rings
out through the room. You open a metal wall nearby, grab the box of
shotgun shells and look around. There are two ways you can go, both
of them leading in the same direction......

Man I suck at this game, but it's still fun.

Nice description as usual VolteFace. Although I don't know :-/. I'm thinking MAP11, though.

Biam the Lard: Yep, Mt. Erebus.

Just getting this thread on page 8 so I won't have to look at page 7 and 8 when people next reply. :P

I'll make use of it though...

You come out into the open and there is a great chasm before you. You can't for the life of you figure out how to pass it. You've searched everywhere for a switch or another route. But nothing. Frustrated, you find as comfortable of a place to sleep for the night as you can. The next day, refreshed and with renewed perspective, you tackle the riddle again. Then you notice something. Two little posts sticking up at the edge of the chasm. What is the meaning of these? A wild and crazy idea suddenly sweeps over you. "Holy shit! No way!" You say to yourself. You walk to the very edge of the chasm, standing between the two posts, tip toes over the edge of the chasm you peer down into the depths. Under your breath you mumble: "This level should have been called 'Leap of Faith'" and then you take a step forward, and pass on.