Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Neocrisis

ZDOOM Question

Guest Neocrisis

Dose Anyone know how to run WAD's other that Plutonia in ZDOOM. I'm running ZDOOM on top of Doom 95 retail and it runs beatifully. It always starts in Plutonia and dosent give me a choice between TNT and Plutonia. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Get ZDoom 1.23 beta24, put all of your IWADs (doom2.wad, doom.wad, plutonia.wad, tnt.wad) into the same directory as zdoom, then run zdoom.exe ... and it'll ask you which IWAD to load with.

Guest Neocrisis

Thanks for your help, solved my problem. Are Iwad's diffrent than wads such as mentomori and others. If so can I play these wad's? If not, where can I get more Iwad's?

Iwads are the main .wads the come with the games, i.e. doom.wad, doom2.wad, plutonia.wad, tnt.wad, heretic.wad, hexen.wad and strife.wad . They all work on their own.

Pwads are add-ons for these games. Things like Memento Mori 1 & 2, Requiem, and much smaller, one or two level .wads are all pwads. They always require an iwad to be present

Pwads will (usually) only work with the iwads they were designed for, i.e. a Doom 1 pwad will only work with doom.wad. However, anything made for Doom 2 will also work with TNT and Plutonia, although the reverse isn't true.

ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/idgames/levels/ has tens of thousands of pwads, although most are crap.

ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/idgames/levels/doom2/megawads/ has all the big, 10+ level pwads, so it's probably a good place to start.

ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/ has levels for the various Doom sourceports (ZDoom, Legacy, Edge, Boom, etc), and as they're much more modern than some of the other pwads on cdrom.com, they tend to be higher quality.

Guest Neocrisis

Thanks for you help, but im still a little foggy on how to use the pwads after I download them. I am running ZDOOM. Also, what is the diffrence between the ports for doom? Which is the best?