Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Neocrisis

Need Help Using WAD's with ZDOOM!

Guest Neocrisis

How do I play tc wad's such as Hellraiser,extreme,and star wars using zdoom. Im a newbie and know absolutly nothing about setting this up. When I run ZDOOM it ask me if I want to run Plutonia Experiment or TNT evolution. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Rather simple actually. All you do is start up a dos prompt and type in this:
zdoom -file xxx.wad yyy.wad -deh xxx.deh
The easiest way is to to type in "zdoom -file " then drag and drop the wad. If there are others drag and drop those as well with spaces between each wad. Then, if you need to use a deh file as well you type in after the wads "-deh " and then drag and drop the (most likely 1) deh patch.

Guest Neocrisis

Went to Start, programs, ms-dos prompt and opened a ms-dos prompt box. Typed zdoom -file and it said bad command or file name.

It probably starts in:

C:\Windows

Right?

Change to your ZDoom directory!

cd \doom2
zdoom -file 1.wad 2.wad 3.wad -deh 4.deh

Neocrisis said:

Went to Start, programs, ms-dos prompt and opened a ms-dos prompt box. Typed zdoom -file and it said bad command or file name.

Open up your Doom folder in Explorer. Highlight the files you want to run ZDoom with (tc_sound.wad, tc_levels.wad, whatever). While they're highlighted (holding control and left clicking might help you get them that way) drag them onto zdoom.exe and let go. It should start and load what you dragged onto it.

Is that easier?

Guest Neocrisis
deadnail said:

It probably starts in:

C:\Windows

Right?

Change to your ZDoom directory!

cd \doom2
zdoom -file 1.wad 2.wad 3.wad -deh 4.deh

Thanks for your help, got everything working great! Can you recommend a good WAD?

Darkening Episode 2, the link for the site is right on the Doomworld main page. It really kicks a tremendous amount of ass. Ricrob's place (also hosted here) is a great site to start off your collection.

If you're looking for some good DM action you could always try my maps...

<plug style="shameless">
http://www.deadnail.f2s.com/games/
</plug>